R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TEAM LOSI XXX-NT ADAM DRAKE ..what engine? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/55529-team-losi-xxx-nt-adam-drake-what-engine.html)

elokens 11-20-2004 03:46 PM

TEAM LOSI XXX-NT ADAM DRAKE ..what engine?

I'm getting a TEAM LOSI XXX-NT ADAM DRAKE kit.....how do I know what engine fits this car? I want to get a .12 for racing, and a .18 for bashing around a bit faster....

SlobbaTech 11-20-2004 08:59 PM

Any small block engine will fit into the NT as long that you can get it with a standard/threaded crank, the SG crank will not work in the NT. If you look at a .12 engine hen look at a .21+ engine you will notice the .21 engine's case is larger and the engine mounting ears/holes are spaced differently. So the engines with a "small block" like what's on .12's will mount in ok but you cannot mount a .21 "big block" engine in w/o making your own mounts and other crazy stuff. I don't think there is any .12 or .15's that are big blocks, the .18's I think vary from brand to brand if they are big or small blocks but maybe they are all small blocks, I am not sure on that. Just before you buy a 18 engine check out the case and engine mounting ears/holes to see if they measure up the same as any .12 engine.

rushdude 11-21-2004 09:01 AM

.12, .15, and a .18 will fit the xxx-nt. Only the threaded standard crank shafts will work. For racing I use the fantom fr12 and that is a great engine for performance and reliability. I have also heard great things from the fantom fr18 to but I haven't tried any .18 engine just heard things.

tony montana 11-23-2004 03:18 PM

I'd consider the o.s. line of .12 such as the cvr and the tr models.

elokens 11-23-2004 03:36 PM

I ordered a CV-R .12 along with a long list of other stuff.....hopefully will show up by early next week, so I can start building the kit!:D

ianhobbies 11-24-2004 10:36 PM

AD2

can someone post new pics of the AD2 truck? all i can see is the pic at the losi site

The Buster 11-25-2004 03:43 AM

My cousin had alot of problems with the cvr motors he was going through a piston and sleeve every week becasue it would lose compression and it would never stay tuned and never run under 250 at idle or under throttle no matter where you set it. he got a new O.S. TR.12 and hasent had any problems with it and it screemes.

elokens 11-25-2004 07:25 AM

Re: AD2

Originally posted by ianhobbies
can someone post new pics of the AD2 truck? all i can see is the pic at the losi site

check this out...

http://www.thedrake.net/phpBB2/portal.php

ianhobbies 11-26-2004 12:34 AM

pics

tnx for the link! cool quick change rears...so only losi rims can be used to the AD2? do they include two kinds of manifolds? (rear/side)? how many sets of springs included?

Aaron Waldron 11-27-2004 03:20 PM

The new rims will be specific to the AD2; the front and rear rims are identical.

The AD2 comes with a hard anodized rear exhaust header. The shock springs are red for the front and pink for the rear (as far as I know).

ianhobbies 11-28-2004 06:07 AM

ad2

so it comes with a stock rear exhaust manifold..do they have a kit with a side exhst manifold? what brand of engine do u recommend? side and rear exhaust..what allen type of allen drivers do we need? sizes?

ianhobbies 12-02-2004 10:16 PM

AD2

yo guys need some more info here! tnx!!

Aaron Waldron 12-03-2004 08:52 AM

Whoa whoa whoa..the truck isn't even out yet! (close, very close)

The original AD1 came with a side exhaust header, but the AD2 will come with the rear exhaust header and leave the side-port up to you.

I like Trinity's Sirio engines for both side and rear exhaust, although I've been running a Rossi rear-port for a few weeks and loving that engine as well.

Losi, AE, MIP, Trinity, Integy, Hudy, etc. all make allen drivers. You'll want to pick up a .050, 1/16, 5/64, 3/32. and 1/4 (I think I got that right). Go pick up last month's issue of Xtreme R/C for an article by yours truly on what to stock your toolbox with!

ianhobbies 12-04-2004 08:35 AM

yo aaron

whoa!! xtreme rc mag writer? cool!!
i got one more question...is a standard crank only allowed on this truck? tnx for the info! actually local hooby shop here in the philippines said that the AD2 will be arriving here next week or two.. but my group here in our town will be purchasing the AD2's last week of JAN

Aaron Waldron 12-04-2004 05:30 PM

You might be able to find a clutch that accidently works to use an SG crank, but I've never heard of anyone using it. Your best bet is to stick with a threaded crank and use the stock Losi clutch.