Wiki Posts
Search

Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Charger

Guys,

Im making a move into electric racing over the winter probably going to do both 2wd and 4wd off road

Im a little "fresh" when it comes to this side of the sport so just looking for a few pointers.

My first purchase is going to be a charger..

My requirements are

12v and 240v power - NOT critical but preferred

Has to charge my other nitro based batteries i.e. nimh,nicad and life

and of course be able to take care of my lipo charging duties with the electrics.

Any recommendations from the pro's?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I use this little charger and works fantastic!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-6S-10A-250W
Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

^^ + 1

I've got one and they are the best chargers around for that money. i will be slowly replacing all my other chargers with these.

You will need a power supply to run it off 240V but they come with alligator clips to run it off a 12V battery.

What PS you will need depends on how much you are prepared to spend,what size packs you are running and how long you are prepared to wait for them to charge?

PS's can range from $10 for 5amp cheapies to $300 for 50amp 600W jobs.

I got a 29A 350W bare bones PS off ebay for $20 (i did have to wire it up my self and its terminal are all exposed, so they had to be covered), but you could expect to pay atleast $100 in an RC shop for a supply with the same specs.

The Junsi 350W 25A PS are around $70 from memory and are probably the best value plug and go PS around.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my choice is the p350 power supply and icharger 206/208 with a good quality balance board, charge multiple lipos and balance them in one hit, can charge up to 20 amps and chargers lipo, life, nimh, nicd and pb.

best part is its very very accurate and has more functions and settings than most if not all others