Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

HVR Lipo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

The site is up and I believe functioning but data shown there is not accurate. I am in the process of building a new site www.elecTRICKrc.com which should be finished in the next month or so hopefully.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Very cool, hope this go's well for you, interested to see these batteries.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks all for the good wishes. It is extremely scary but I'm hoping that a solid product, with good support is the winning recipe and if all goes to plan other big name companies will start being more truthful in their ratings so everyone wins! Would really love to see an industry standard of lipo ratings instead of inflated specs w/o any evidence to back it up!

Should be only a week away!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

These lipos are the real deal... Very impressed with my 6000 60C. I even left it in my hot car in the sun on accident for like 6hrs. Puffed up big time. I let it cool over night and puffyness went away. That was 4 months ago, still feels like new!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You're doing what I've ask for a couple times on here and got no real answer or support on the idea. Give me real world numbers on capacity/run time, and IR at a given real world amp draw! Just like in the nimh days. Best of luck, you're the first to try and set an industry standard.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Derry
These lipos are the real deal... Very impressed with my 6000 60C. I even left it in my hot car in the sun on accident for like 6hrs. Puffed up big time. I let it cool over night and puffyness went away. That was 4 months ago, still feels like new!
Haha! Derry you didn't tell me that!
I actually leave all my electronics/cars/batteries in my vehicle all the time and have never had an issue with any of it. I do park in the shade though

And yes, Racer1812, I am hoping to set a new standard because as a racer I was beyond sick and tired of paying $120 for a battery just because a fancy label is on it with a rating that is not even close to reality. There was one pack I tested in particular that the manufacturer claimed was 6200mah 60c and when I put it on my graphing equipment it showed it being a 4800mah pack with a C rating in the 50c range. Was disappointing to say the least but thankfully it was from a company I'm quite sure nobody has heard of.

Thanks for the encouragement! If you're interested in seeing what a realistically rated lipo is like let me know.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I just got my 1Ss to run in my WGT car this Sunday and can't wait. I am hoping to put one in the hands of someone who can actually drive to get some feedback!!

Give Jon some time to get things going and I am sure it will be worth the wait...

Can't wait to see where this adventure leads..

Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Batteries due in the next week so time to start scouring the country for team drivers.
This is not going to be the typical sponsorship opportunity. I'm not looking for people who win every race they enter. If you do great and of course that's never a bad thing but I want ambassadors to the hobby, not just trophies.

What I'm looking for are people who volunteer to corner marshal everytime one is needed, lend someone a pack if theirs hasn't finished charging, teach someone to wrench on their car between heats, approach complete strangers and congratulate them on a good run or talk about setups, etc. I want people who are approachable with good attitudes and ALWAYS willing to help others. That to me, is what this hobby is about. If you are a low Amain or Bmain driver but are out there talking to people, learning, teaching, and being excited about the hobby I WANT YOU to represent High Velocity.
If you beat Jared Tebo at a local club race and then tell the kid who asks you for help afterward you're too busy please don't apply for a sponsorship with me.

So this is what I am asking for in resume's that are submitted. It's simple really and you don't need to go through your trophy collection to remember every race you've won. All i want is the following:

1) Vehicles you race.
2) How many classes you race on an average club race and what those classes are
3) How many days per month you race
4) How often you travel out of town / state to race.
5) and MOST IMPORTANTLY, all resume's must be accompanied with a one paragraph short story of your most helpful moment at the track. Whether it be a stranger, friend, or whatever. Your children don't count, sorry. I want to hear how you went out of your way to help another no matter how big or small it was to you, it may have meant the difference between that person staying in the hobby or quitting.

My favorite story I've heard thus far is a guy who broke his car in the quals and so did a new guy to the track. The new guy didn't know how to fix his vehicle in time for the mains so the experienced racer taught him during the break between rounds. The veteran got the new guy up and running in time for the main while the experienced racer's car was still broken and he couldn't participate in the final race. THIS is the kinda person I'm looking for.

Obviously I can't verify any stories submitted but I'm using the honor system and asking people to be truthful.

There will be no paper contracts to sign. If you are chosen you will run for High Velocity because you want to, not because a piece of paper says you have to. There will be no term requirements and should you feel the need to leave at any time you will have my blessings.

Specific sponsorship benefits will be discussed if and when you're chosen.

Please send all resume's with the required information to my email at [email protected] with the subject line "Resume" PMs here work as well. Any correspondence lacking the proper subject line or criteria laid out may not be reviewed.

thank you and good luck!!!

Jon
Old 09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

jon do the 1s perform just like the 2s,i may do a saddle pack sct down the road
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

All your links in your signature are dead, unless you want to claim them from GoDaddy.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Everyone,

I've received many submissions for sponsorship consideration and want to thank every person who's taken the time. I have been reading through them all but with school starting and getting ready for a big race this weekend on the other side of the state that High Velocity is sponsoring I've been extremely busy. I will respond with an answer to every submission whether or not I'm able to offer a sponsorship for you so just because you haven't heard anything yet doesn't mean anything. Only 2 people so far have gotten responses so please be patient.

Batteries have confirmed to be here early next week so I'm very excited. I've also decided to drop the prices to extremely low levels for this first batch to get them in the hands of racers as cheap as possible. PM me for pricing info. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Taking orders now.

Thanks again to everyone who's been a part of this and taken the time to post in the thread, test packs, and submit resumes. I look forward to working with you all very soon!

Jon
Old 09-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
All your links in your signature are dead, unless you want to claim them from GoDaddy.
Thank you. I am aware of that as the sites are being built but I have forgotten to remove the HTML from my signature. They will be up soon.

Thanks for reminding me!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I punctured a cell with a razor and all it did was smoke. I shot the pack with a .357 magnum revolver and it didn't do anything but blow it apart. No smoke, no flame, etc. (surprised me actually)

High Velocity Racing
Love this line
Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Batteries have confirmed to be here early next week so I'm very excited. I've also decided to drop the prices to extremely low levels for this first batch to get them in the hands of racers as cheap as possible. PM me for pricing info. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Taking orders now.
I Call Dibs on 1
Old 09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I wanted to create a thread for High Velocity Racing for people to post questions, share insight, and help make the hobby better for all...(at least the electric guys)

Short history on High Velocity. The original owner, Johnny Chase, started HV quite a few years ago as a way to get involved in the local racing community. He did it for the love of the hobby, never as a source of income and it showed in the way he cared for local racers. Donating prizes to series events, helping people at the track with parts and equipment for free, and a great attitude everywhere he went. A couple years ago work and family started taking more of his time and he could not devote the resources to the company any longer. I was in the beginning of my own RC business career when he entrusted me to take over the company and continue the name.
I purchased High Velocity last Spring and have been working on getting things in order to push it to the next level.

Regards,

Jon Frank
High Velocity Racing

Last edited by skypilot; 09-25-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: cause I was asked to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.