Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna lx2e a good buy or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Ofna lx2e a good buy or not

Ok I just got my hands on a used ofna nitro lx one which im rebuilding but I'm looking at electrics 1/8 buggies and I was looking at the ofna lx2e which looks like bang for my buck
I don't race mainly because there is no tracks or lhs that have tracks around me so it will be a basher but not an all out go crazy basher as I have a savage flux for that
So is the lx2e a good buy that is worth it or is it a buggy I will regret buying
Any input is appreciated
Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't have an LX2e but I do have the LX1e and so far (had it around a year) it's been great. No matter what you get, things will break but I've only broken 1 or 2 things so far. I've had to replace the pinion gear (not on the motor, the one that goes into the gearbox) and the bevel gear (both were in the front and had a tooth missing).
The LX2e is very similar and if I wanted another 1/8 e-buggy, I would not hesitate for the LX2e. For such a low price, it's a great buggy IMO.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Just got one myself, only thing i have done so far is put oil in the diffs.
5k front, 7k center and 3k rear. (comes with grease from factory)
I use a hobbywing 150a esc and their 2000kv motor on 4 cell, it feels to be just about the rigth amount of power for this car.

Have raced it just a couple of times so not alot of experience with it yet, but so far so good.

And it does handle jumps and corners pretty good out of the box....
Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

got one too in july and it's been a very good buggy! all i did was change the tires, diff and shock oils. it's strictly used for racing and actually does very well for what it is and against the top name brand buggies it holds it's own but then again i've also been racing for 10 years. i just wish there was more after market support for it as in parts. definitely tear the diffs apart asap. my front had ZERO grease in it and the rest had very little.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

What wt do you run in your shocks?
And do you use the stock springs?

Thanks...
Old 09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

right now 40wt associated oil and stock springs. im planning to order a few other sets and try different spring rates. right now im only using it indoor without any huge jumps like outdoors would provide. 5 7 3 diff oil is what i use too.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Ok thank you.
Please let me know what you prefer when you have tried out the other springs.

Will try some blue springs and se how they work on a outdoor track with some big jumps.

Thanks again...