Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone read: Clash Of The Titans in Car Action Mag? >

Anyone read: Clash Of The Titans in Car Action Mag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone read: Clash Of The Titans in Car Action Mag?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Anyone read: Clash Of The Titans in Car Action Mag?

was it just me, or did Jim H come off as kind of an A-Hole? I'm no nitro hater. many years ago my cousin gave me one, and as a teenager i had a pretty good handle on it. never found it really hard to keep it running. not saying that i could compete with the pros, but i cant now with my electric either.
my favorite qoute is "My opinion is this: when you grow up, you go to nitro"
i know the point of the article was for him to say why he liked Nitro over Elictric.
but to suggest and assume that only people as smart as him can run a nitro, and everyone else is just playing with there electric toys till they grow up to his level. I told my self i wasnt gonna bash him but, i cant resist. Wait..nope im not gonna. I'll leave it to someone else to bring up his co-mo mustache and that stupid bluetooth in his ear.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pretty typical "xyz vs abc" article, except the guy from Novak was too polite. He seemed more genuine in his love for all RC, while the nitro expert clearly stated his bias.

I'm an electric guy...but I have no issue at all with nitro. If I had a different situation I would like to have a nitro 1/8 buggy or two. Electric just fits my lifestyle. I race with a few nitro guys and have never heard a negative comment about electric rc's...I'm sure there are some being made somewhere, but I hardly think it's an issue dividing the hobby or causing anyone to stay away.

I guess they had to write about something, but I really don't think the "nitro/electric" debate is a hot topic.

Next month it will be "basher/racer" or "Traxxas/every other brand"...

Good mag though, for a hobby that is not real controversial and is full of people that are by and large friendly and inclusive to everyone...it has to be tough to continue to publish interesting articles, but they do a good job.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I've had people comment on how they hate my e-buggy... Its usually when I'm in front
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Meh. back in the days of nicad and brushed motors Nitro had a place.

Now with LiPo and Brushless motors and soaring gas prices plus no indoors Nitro use its going the way of the dodo bird.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You mean they still print that rag?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by slappomatt
Meh. back in the days of nicad and brushed motors Nitro had a place.

Now with LiPo and Brushless motors and soaring gas prices plus no indoors Nitro use its going the way of the dodo bird.

i dont remember the nitro fuel soaring in prices the last time i got a gallon of nitro it was $30- $35 a gallon.

but yea i was racing onroad back in the day, when there was only nicd and nimh/brushed motors and il tell you what i wish i went nitro than lol.

thank god for brushless motors and lipos so much easier .

but no nitro is not going away in 1/8 offroad anytime soon.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Who cares what some blow-hard thinks? Run nitro, run electric. Whatever makes you happy. If you pay your own bills on time then you're grown up.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prestondan
the guy from Novak was too polite. He seemed more genuine in his love for all RC, while the nitro expert clearly stated his bias.
That "guy" was Jim Campbell owner of Tekin...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Team Tekin

Pretty typical "xyz vs abc" article, except the guy from Novak was too polite. He seemed more genuine in his love for all RC, while the nitro expert clearly stated his bias.

I'm an electric guy...but I have no issue at all with nitro. If I had a different situation I would like to have a nitro 1/8 buggy or two. Electric just fits my lifestyle. I race with a few nitro guys and have never heard a negative comment about electric rc's...I'm sure there are some being made somewhere, but I hardly think it's an issue dividing the hobby or causing anyone to stay away.

I guess they had to write about something, but I really don't think the "nitro/electric" debate is a hot topic.

Good mag though, for a hobby that is not real controversial and is full of people that are by and large friendly and inclusive to everyone...it has to be tough to continue to publish interesting articles, but they do a good job.
You sure you read the article??

EDIT: Randy beat me to it.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Imma tell you what. I'm 28 years old. Have a family and the bills to prove it. To a guy like me, electric is the best thing goin. A helluva lot less maintainence. Don't get me wrong, I do tear down my buggy and motor every time a run it. But it's just plug and play technology. If your gonna call me a kid for lovin my electric rc then well hell, who wants to grow old anyways!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nickdawg18
Imma tell you what. I'm 28 years old. Have a family and the bills to prove it. To a guy like me, electric is the best thing goin. A helluva lot less maintainence. Don't get me wrong, I do tear down my buggy and motor every time a run it. But it's just plug and play technology. If your gonna call me a kid for lovin my electric rc then well hell, who wants to grow old anyways!!!

shoot nothing wrong with that im glad i went back to electric espially 1/8 e i spend so much less time getting it ready than when my truggy used to be nitro .

not to mention a lot less things to carry to the track

most of guys at my track if i flip over they act like its a foreign object or something

double post sorry.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nickdawg18

shoot nothing wrong with that im glad i went back to electric espially 1/8 e i spend so much less time getting it ready than when my truggy used to be nitro .

not to mention a lot less things to carry to the track
More focus on driving and setups also.

most of guys at my track if i flip over they act like its a foreign object or something
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thats a good point about the tekin guy (Jim Campbell) "genuine in his love for all RC"
i love all RC, but dont have an endless supply of RC money. has anybody had to buy carpet lately? i coulda had some serious stuff for my VE8 on the way plus that new Savage XS thats coming out plus a new 3Dtv
Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

this is the electric off-road thread so I can say this without too much, been there done that, nitro sucks..
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

If they like the smell of burnt oil, having to re-carburate the engine every run, and having to spend helluva money on fuel, they're free to. To each his own.

Dad was a nitro diehard, and he just bought a Xerun 150A combo. Tired of spending more time dialing the engine (he ran from month to month) than running the buggy. He says as long as it's easy to setup, he'll play every weekend. He was just lazy to go through aaaaall the setup process every damned time he wanted to run. And he got jealous at me just plugging in the battery, turning on the power switch and starting to do laps like mad.

Plus my car is dead silent and his nitro... well. We all know how nitros are

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.