Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
esc need your opinion >

esc need your opinion

esc need your opinion

Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Which are not 'out of the box' limits, and not for any rc application. 1. these limits are for 2wd offroad, or 12th scale onroad only. 2, they are ratings IF you are double capped, and are running an external fan.... AND, its a best case scenario (you're on the line). If you tossed a 5 turn motor into your buggy, and wired up your RS right out of the box... You wouldn't get 2 minutes out of it before it thermaled.

The problem with the Tekins isn't even their motor limits, it's with their power delivery. Toss your 7.5 in and wire up a Tekin RS pro and drive it... then swap in an LRP v2... you will notice a dramatically smoother power delivery with the LRP, and that it was ultimatly matters when running mod, not how "tunable" the speedo is.... "tunable" is what you need when running a spec'd motor with dynamic timing allowed. It just isn't that important in offroad. I run a 9.5 in mod buggy, and my LRP is set to zeros across the board, right of the box settings. Because they are the least agressive/smoothest settigns.. thats all you need. Need more power? ... run more motor.
Sorry, I did not know it had to be double capped and ran with a fan.

Sounds like you are sticking with LRP!