Losi JRX Pro SE

Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Another way to strengthen the front bulkhead is find the Trinity NXT front bulkhead brace (or make one yourself). Similar to the XXX bulkhead brace set up.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Funny seeing thread pop up....I was looking at my jrxt collectingndust on the shelf and thought it would be a fun project to revive it and convert it over to brushless/lipo. Subscribing.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Fredswain, can you post a pic of yours?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll try to get a couple of pics of both of my JRX's tonight. One of them has what is left of the body that came with my original JRX2 in 1988. It has seen better days and much of it is gone. The JRX-Pro also needs a body. It is running a hacked up old RC10 body right now until I get a new shell on it. My JRX's aren't exactly pretty on the outside!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fred do you prefer the pro over the se? I have both, but only the pro is complete. I was considering restoring the se as Ive read a lot of comments about how much people loved the se.

Also there are reproduction bodys available for all the jrx losi's. Check in at rc10talk.com
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

I'm on that forum. I know all about the repro bodies. I just haven't gotten around to buying any yet.

There are pros and cons to each of the JRX cars. I have 2 JRX's. One of them was built from what I personally consider to be the best of all JRX series parts to make up 1 ultimate JRX2. Of course to be called a JRX2 I personally think it needs to have the 5 link rear suspension on it. That particular car uses all JRX-Pro SE front end parts, RPM steering, Junior 2 composite chassis, and the JRX2 5 link rear end. It currently still has the original gearbox in it but will get swapped out for the Double X retrofit gearbox at some point in the future. It also has newer threaded shocks. I haven't run this car in this configuration but I suspect it would be good in loose dirt.

My other car is a stock JRX-Pro that I built up from spare parts. It's why I don't have a body for it that fits well and have had to make do with a chopped up RC10 body. What I like about the Pro is that it is a car that can actually work on today's faster clay tracks which is something the original JRX2 would never be good on. My other JRX probably wouldn't be either. The wheelbase on the Pro is 11-1/4" long so it's got good stability. I think the Pro was ahead of it's time. It was a car designed to work on fast tracks with long jumps like today's tracks but came out during a time when most tracks were still loose and soft and slower without the big double and triple jumps you see today. That's probably why that car was changed again so soon any why it never beat the RC10 at worlds. Strangely enough Associated always seemed to win worlds and Losi always seemed to win nationals. Apparently this year, nothing changed!

I'm more partial to the Pro over the SE for the simple fact that to me it looks like the ultimate late 80's early 90's race car with it's tall front shocks and graphite chassis. I've got so many spare parts for these things that I may as well race them. I can fix them.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Here are my JRX's. I decided to leave the bodies off since they aren't much to look at. The car that evolved from my original 1988 JRX2 is the one without electronics. As I mentioned in another post, it has the Pro-SE front end, Junior 2 chassis, and JRX2 rear end and rear 5 link suspension.

The other car is my JRX-Pro. It still has a brushed system in it. The servo is an old tired KO Propo from when I was a kid. The receiver and transmitter that control this car is a modern Airtronics MX-Sport. The esc is a Tekin Sport from somewhere around 1994-95 or so. The motor is a tweaked Trinity Komodo Dragon 19T. The wheels are B4. The rears are very close to the proper offset. It's not enough to worry about. Maybe 1/16" off total or so which is nothing. The front end has modified RC10GT wide front axles to give the correct offset with the B4 wheels. The end links are all captured end heavy duty style from Dubro so no more ball ends popping off. This car currently lacks a slipper clutch but will have one by the end of the week. I am retrofitting the B4 slipper assembly onto it. New bodies are next.
Attached Thumbnails Losi JRX Pro SE-jrxs.jpg   Losi JRX Pro SE-jrx2.jpg   Losi JRX Pro SE-jrx-pro.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Got my 3120 slipper shaft in the mail. Thanks for the help. Any idea on the setup procedure for the slipper on the first go, or would the standard instructions in the losi xxx-t manual work with the older transmission?

Nice buggys btw. My JRxT doesn't look that nice, it's been through the wars

I also did the h arm conversion on the rear as it had the 5 link. I liked the feel of the 5 link better but I wanted to keep those parts safe for when I shelve it.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

The very first sticky thread in this part of the forum tells how to properly break in a diff and a slipper.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default JRxT

Took a few shots of my JRxT today...took it off the shelf and discovered the pins in the rear hubs were toast...any ideas where I can get some/what size they are? I tried the spares I had in my parts box but they were too big in diameter.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

What is decent price for a vintage used Pro SE roller without body? $100-150??
Old 05-31-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

anyone got a pro se for sale pm me.

thanks michael