R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-31-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default New LST Mach .26 locked up, HELP!!!

I need some advise on what to do with my mach .26 in my new LST truck.I've ran about 2/3 gallon of fuel through it so far (broke it in just the way the manufacture instructed) I was running it yesterday and it all of a sudden died. So after a little bit ,found the glow plug,the original one,to have no more little coil inside it.So I put in another one my LHS sold me for the LST and it started and ran great... for about 1 tank of fuel ,then it died with the engine locked up tight.I tore it apart to find some metal in the crancase.I think while the little glow plug coil was tring to exit the cylinder it tore up the piston and sleeve. So the big question is, Will this be coverd under warranty? Should I send Losi the engine with the original glow plug with no coil? or the one my LHS sold me. I'm afraid they wiil tell me it's my own fault,when I did nothing wrong. Please help!!!
bigsbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

I doubt your glow plug coil could seize your engine but I could be wrong.Sounds more like the infamous washer problem.There was a spacer/washer in some of those motors because of the rotostart that would wear and fall into the crankcase.That or in my case there were metal shavings of some sort perhaps from the machining process in mine but it locked up on the bottom of the stroke before I ever got it started for the first time.Losi knows about the problem and SHOULD honor it under warranty.Call the service number in your manual

Hope this helps
pinolelst is offline   Reply With Quote