Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
-- Tekin RS PRO CAlibration PROBLEM with Futaba 4PKS + R603FF -- ?? >

-- Tekin RS PRO CAlibration PROBLEM with Futaba 4PKS + R603FF -- ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

-- Tekin RS PRO CAlibration PROBLEM with Futaba 4PKS + R603FF -- ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default -- Tekin RS PRO CAlibration PROBLEM with Futaba 4PKS + R603FF -- ??

Hi, just installed a Tekin RS PRO, with 212 software, in my car but I'm having problem calibrating it.

I've tried everything, changing EPA:s changing nutraul point, reversing throttle, messing around with the settings via hotwire, resetting everything ... etc you name it.

My problem is that after holding mode for 3 sec, as you should accordingly to the manual, the esc should first find neutral chime, find full forward chime, find full reverse chime. My esc only find neutral chime, then I put full gas and nothing, no chime. BUT if I release the gas back to neutral I get another chime and then I can use the ESC. But it never found the full forward and full back position?? I didn't even have to pull full reverse?? So its not calibrated :-(

Anyone else has this problem and a solution? Im getting mad ...
Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had this issue when I first started with my Tekin setup. If I remember correctly all I needed to do was reverse the servo position in the radio for the throttle.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micke_b
Hi, just installed a Tekin RS PRO, with 212 software, in my car but I'm having problem calibrating it.

I've tried everything, changing EPA:s changing nutraul point, reversing throttle, messing around with the settings via hotwire, resetting everything ... etc you name it.

My problem is that after holding mode for 3 sec, as you should accordingly to the manual, the esc should first find neutral chime, find full forward chime, find full reverse chime. My esc only find neutral chime, then I put full gas and nothing, no chime. BUT if I release the gas back to neutral I get another chime and then I can use the ESC. But it never found the full forward and full back position?? I didn't even have to pull full reverse?? So its not calibrated :-(

Put your EPA's at 100. When you press the mode button for three seconds. Then when you hear the chime,pull throttle full throttle. When you hear chime. Push your throttle on full brakes.

If you still have a problem. Talk to Randy Pike on your problem you are having. He is very helpful. His e-mail is [email protected]
Old 07-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does your steering work? Almost sounds like the ESC is plugged into the steering slot on the reciver.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trashed is right. you must reverse your throttle servo on radio for Futaba
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

My problem is that after holding mode for 3 sec, as you should accordingly to the manual, the esc should first find neutral chime, find full forward chime, find full reverse chime. My esc only find neutral chime, then I put full gas and nothing, no chime. BUT if I release the gas back to neutral I get another chime and then I can use the ESC. But it never found the full forward and full back position?? I didn't even have to pull full reverse?? So its not calibrated

I had the SAME problem.....Yes reverse TH and BRK....But the whole issue is your just not getting it into cal mode.You Must hold the button for atleast 4 seconds till you hear it go into a deeper chime, will work fine.Let me know but that is for sure your problem.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4wires
Put your EPA's at 100. When you press the mode button for three seconds. Then when you hear the chime,pull throttle full throttle. When you hear chime. Push your throttle on full brakes.

If you still have a problem. Talk to Randy Pike on your problem you are having. He is very helpful. His e-mail is [email protected]
it has to find neutral first before forward/reverse
Old 07-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the help! :-)

Originally Posted by FastPete

I had the SAME problem.....Yes reverse TH and BRK....But the whole issue is your just not getting it into cal mode.You Must hold the button for atleast 4 seconds till you hear it go into a deeper chime, will work fine.Let me know but that is for sure your problem.
That did it! Thank, this was really driving me mad. Basically I need to hold 'mode' until the esc chimes, which is about 4 sec, then it will calibrate with no problem. Hmm wonder what the chime at 3 sec does??

Thank a ton m8, you made my day. :-)
Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for all the help! :-)

That did it! Thank, this was really driving me mad. Basically I need to hold 'mode' until the esc chimes, which is about 4 sec, then it will calibrate with no problem. Hmm wonder what the chime at 3 sec does??

Thank a ton m8, you made my day. :-)
No problem I had the same problem....Funny thing is I raced it that way and did well.Cant wait to try it now! And everyone that was trying to help never said anything about holding it longer. I feel the instructions need to say 4 sec and the chimes will get lower-deeper.