Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2011 ROAR Short Course Tire Rule Question... >

2011 ROAR Short Course Tire Rule Question...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ROAR Short Course Tire Rule Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Questions?? 2011 ROAR Short Course Tire Rule Question...

A few questions so I can clarify....
1. The max width of the tire (the rubber) can be 1.85 mounted, so the tire can be that wide but the TREAD can only be 1.65 right?
2. What is the "Bead to Bead width" measured from?
3. Is the WHEEL width the width overall of the rim or is it the rubber AND tire mounted?

This is the way I'm reading it. The WHEEL/RIM(?) can be a max of 1.65 inches wide, the BEAD TO BEAD can be 1.55 max, the TIRE/RUBBER can be 1.85 inches wide mounted, and the TREAD can only be 1.65 inches wide..... I plan on going to some ROAR events in the near future but... I just spent 70+ dollars on tires and rims i may not be able to use at the events.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by rcpilotjr
A few questions so I can clarify....
1. The max width of the tire (the rubber) can be 1.85 mounted, so the tire can be that wide but the TREAD can only be 1.65 right?
2. What is the "Bead to Bead width" measured from?
3. Is the WHEEL width the width overall of the rim or is it the rubber AND tire mounted?

This is the way I'm reading it. The WHEEL/RIM(?) can be a max of 1.65 inches wide, the BEAD TO BEAD can be 1.55 max, the TIRE/RUBBER can be 1.85 inches wide mounted, and the TREAD can only be 1.65 inches wide..... I plan on going to some ROAR events in the near future but... I just spent 70+ dollars on tires and rims i may not be able to use at the events.

What wheels and tires did you buy....all SC wheels by AKA, PL, JC and DE Racing should be legal.

All AKA and JC sc tires are legal and most of the PL are too (I'm just not sure about the new PL versions released)
Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
All AKA and JC sc tires are legal
Except for JC's Carver ribbed front tires.

and most of the PL are too (I'm just not sure about the new PL versions released)
Yeah, it's some of the newer 2.0 PL releases that are questionable.

Otherwise, anything "brand-name" will be legal.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MarkA
Except for JC's Carver ribbed front tires.

Yeah, it's some of the newer 2.0 PL releases that are questionable.

Otherwise, anything "brand-name" will be legal.
Forgot about those ribbed tires being available....like MarkA said ribbed fronts not legal.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What wheels and tires did you buy....all SC wheels by AKA, PL, JC and DE Racing should be legal.

All AKA and JC sc tires are legal and most of the PL are too (I'm just not sure about the new PL versions released)
Thanks for the replies guys. Also, is there a web link to ROAR's SC rules? And i bought PL Caliber 2.0. Would have got the originals but they werent in stock. And i bough SCTE rims for them. IF measuring the the farthes outside bead on the side of the wheel TOWARD the chassis, the rims are barely legal if not just over. That measurement is different if its from the bead closest to the middle of the rim.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

so you have a Losi Ten SCTE then? All the SC wheels out there are legal, the tire you'll have to worry about, the PL 2.0 is wider than the previous versions, not sure if they are legal.

Just go to http://roarracing.com