Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas enters Lipo market >

Traxxas enters Lipo market

Traxxas enters Lipo market

Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i'm confused. is this a pissing match on who started the SC scene, or is it about the lipos traxxas is supposedly going to release? i personally don't care for traxxas for myself, but this thread is about their lipos, not who brought SC to the hobby...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Traxxaz's does'nt help promote any R/c racing that I know of ....
So, what.

I hate to break this to you, but racing is a small segment of the industry. In the big scheme of the things, racers are the minority. Talk to any track owner out there. None of them are getting rich off their tracks.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL
i'm confused. is this a pissing match on who started the SC scene, or is it about the lipos traxxas is supposedly going to release? i personally don't care for traxxas for myself, but this thread is about their lipos, not who brought SC to the hobby...
Good point. Though every time someone starts thread that discusses Traxxas, regardless of the product, you always get a bunch of witless boobs who come to the thread to bash Traxxas, just because of who they are.

If Traxxas is putting out lipos, it will be interesting to see how good they are.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Good point. Though every time someone starts thread that discusses Traxxas, regardless of the product, you always get a bunch of witless boobs who come to the thread to bash Traxxas, just because of who they are.

If Traxxas is putting out lipos, it will be interesting to see how good they are.
+1. To many "elite racers" get their feelings hurt when the name Traxxas is mentioned.

Considering most lipos come from the same place and Traxxas is very good at hitting the right price point with things I am curious to see how it plays out.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default lipos trx

I've had traxxas since the late 80's and they don't make junk and with the amount of noobs they have buying these products im sure they took saftey into consideration .
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since this thread has come and gone off topic so much, I figure I might as well also...Is anyone else bummed that this is the last season of Friday Night Lights? I mean, it's a great show! But it never really did well in the rating because most of the people who would watch a show like that aren't even home on a Friday when it airs. Sometimes networks really should take into consideration the demographic and what they do on particular days. Also, who else here has crapped, looked in the toilet and saw corn and thought to themselves..."When did I eat corn? I don't remember eating any corn" I have news for you, it was probably in the salsa on a burrito. Hopefully I solved that mystery for you. Oh and another thing, how come peanut M&M's are so good? And speaking of M&M's, has anyone tried the new Coconut M&M's? I haven't yet but my mom said they were delicious, I take her word for it.

Since this thread was ORIGINALLY about the Traxxas Lipos, I decided not to talk about how dangerous they are or who invented Shortcourse (ok, I lied, anyone remember the Losi Heavy Metal? and for how dangerous lipos are, WARNING LABELS, they're on EVERY lipo I've ever purchased and yes I read them...the first time lol) or if Traxxas is gonna save the space program by introducing a RTF life 1/4 scale Space shuttle that you can actually fit in. Nope, I'm going to talk about the actual Lipos and what they may mean to the industry.

The new Traxxas Lipos will most likely be just like any other lipo that are produced in China, very good. Period. I agree with Artie's Liver (you don't say that every day lol) the company that stands to lose out the most is MaxAmps because of how they target newbs who use vehicles such as Traxxas. But one thing I've learned real quickly is that people develop a brand loyalty really quickly in this hobby and if they use Traxxas Lipos at first, they're gonna continue to use them. Judging from the picture of the 3s 8400mah 25c battery in the first post, it looks like they may actually be ACCURATE c ratings. Imagine that, if the entire industry started rating their batteries accurately because Traxxas wasn't afraid to. I mean, 25c isn't impressive at all and for a company that markets MPH right on the box, it clearly shows they're not worried about C-rating and it's marketability to raise that number (uhhhh MaxAmps, 150C....are you listening?). I guarantee the 25c rating isn't a Burst rate, kudos to them for having the balls to be honest about it! As someone else said, more lipo companies in the market, the better for the end user, us! I'm guessing they'll probably be a lot less expensive than many of the big companies like THunder Power or (ugh, I get a click in my jaw everytime I say their name and it's starting to hurt) Maxamps. I'm sure they want people to purchase multiple packs when they purchase their trucks, so I'm guessing more expensive than Gen's Ace and Turnigy type packs. So somewhere in the middle, I'm guessing a 2s 5000 will be priced similar to what the Hobby People Lipos sell for which is about $50 give or take a few bux.

Now, should I go off topic again and discuss my new favorite Youtube clip or bring up the biggest debate of all man kind next to AE vs. Losi which is Charmin vs. Northern vs. Angel Soft? Or should I just leave it at what I posted above. Let's keep it on track here...oh and Charmin Ultra wins the battle everytime, I never end up going through it and ending up with crap on my hands and it's nice and soft on the ole brown eye.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL
i think the thing most people are forgetting is that this isn't a move to help us out. this is strictly for them to make money. traxxas doesn't help their customers, they just pump out as many products as they can to make money. they don't care about the racers, they care about the entry level guys. they are there to get people into the hobby and make tons of money, nothing more.

i recognize the good that traxxas does, but i think lipo is a bad move on their part. some kid is gonna get a RTR kit that comes with lipo and burn his parents house down and who are they gonna blame? traxxas!
Stupid post!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Since this thread has come and gone off topic so much, I figure I might as well also...Is anyone else bummed that this is the last season of Friday Night Lights? I mean, it's a great show! But it never really did well in the rating because most of the people who would watch a show like that aren't even home on a Friday when it airs. Sometimes networks really should take into consideration the demographic and what they do on particular days. Also, who else here has crapped, looked in the toilet and saw corn and thought to themselves..."When did I eat corn? I don't remember eating any corn" I have news for you, it was probably in the salsa on a burrito. Hopefully I solved that mystery for you. Oh and another thing, how come peanut M&M's are so good? And speaking of M&M's, has anyone tried the new Coconut M&M's? I haven't yet but my mom said they were delicious, I take her word for it.
Funniest quote right there!

I'm curious as to why it took so long for Traxxas to get into the whole LiPo market?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague

I'm curious as to why it took so long for Traxxas to get into the whole LiPo market?
I'm hoping so they get it right. Maybe they ate going to sell lipos with some sort of circuitry to help keep them safe, maybe a lipo/charger combo to help keep safe. Not sure, pure speculation.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cartix
Stupid post!
But true.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Does it really matter if Traxxas puts their logo on a lipo? It seems ridiculous to get so excited about one more lipo for sale, when there are a hundred other brands out there.---Ford vs. Chevy again..