Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Digital Servo

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Digital Servo

Well first of all i need to thank Horatio for giving advice on my question which is prooving most helpfull,now my attention is turned to servos or rather digital ones. I am building a xb8 to which i would like to consider useing futaba digital,or if any one can come up with a reason not to, i would like to know as well if you have any recomendations as to which models from futaba with good or bad review this may well help me on my way.

regards
na231271(newby)
ENGLAND
Old 10-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I allready have 2 gallons on my xb8 and I installed 2 new futaba 9350 servos and they are going strong. That is the only servo I have used for the past couple of years and have many of them and no failures. Very good servo, allot of the top guys in the midwest use this servo and out of everyone I have only heard of one failure and he was a sponsored futaba driver.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have heard that digital servos are not as good an idea in the throttle/brake position because the non-free moving nature of braking can burn them out faster then non digital servos. I haven't seen this for myself though.