Wiki Posts
Search

Best offroad electric basher

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Best offroad electric basher

Ive been searching everywhere for wht the best electric offroad basher is but cannot find it. I am running it in sand, dusty dirt and other areas like that. Id like it not to break and want it to be reliable and powerful.
thank you
Old 07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

no doubt, it's this

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB3650
Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artie's liver
no doubt, it's this
But will it do wheelies?
Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hands down its the Slash
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artie's liver
Lulz im gonna buy that for my wife right now!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jon2456
Ive been searching everywhere for wht the best electric offroad basher is but cannot find it. I am running it in sand, dusty dirt and other areas like that. Id like it not to break and want it to be reliable and powerful.
thank you
it would seem like the slash but when you run in these conditions you'll need refreshment. coke can be replaced with duff.

Last edited by daverobbo5; 07-06-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's your budget?
$300+ ?
Traxxus Brushless Stampede 4X4 gets my vote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the most durable truck is most likely the electrix ruckus but in stock form it will not do wheelies though you could spend the money you save from the slash or stampede to buy a brushless system for it to give it enough power to pull wheelies
Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Traxxas 2wd Slash will do all of those things and go Stupid Fast with a high KV or low turn motor on 2 or 3s Lipos. If your budget is a little bigger, go with an E-Revo on 4 or 6s and you'll be amazed. Hands down in my opinion, the two best BASHER vehicles plus parts for both are relatively cheap and available almost ANYWHERE. Slash 2wd parts are even available at a lot of Pep Boys stores and are often cheaper than a lot of hobby shops. Throw some Paddle tires on either one of them and take them to the dunes or a beach and you'll be giggling like a school girl. Now if you want to get them as bashers but have thoughts of maybe going to the track and racing later down the road, I'd say get an SC10 and do a few upgrades and it'll be ALMOST as durable as a Slash 2wd but a much better racer. Good Luck on your decisions, hope that helps.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Bashing cars

thank you
I dont understand why some people are taking this as a joke, this is a beginner obviously and he needs help with something which is what this forum is supposed to provide.

Concerning the rc car for bashing, it depends what your budget is. If you are looking for something more like a truck get either a traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or a traxxas slash 4x4 vxl. If these trucks are over your budget you could also get either one of those trucks I mentioned in the standard 2 wheel drive. Horizon hobbies is a good place to buy them
Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Traxxas Slash
Old 07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

so far i have a slash 2x4 slash 4x4, losi SC 2x4, losi 8ight buggie. i love them all and they all take one heck of a beating but so far the one i have driven the hardest, been the most reckless with and repaired the least is the slash 2x4.

its NOT the best car of the bunch but when your talking about pure ability to take even the toughest bashing then its a GREAT start
Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ismaelish2
I dont understand why some people are taking this as a joke, this is a beginner obviously and he needs help with something which is what this forum is supposed to provide.

Concerning the rc car for bashing, it depends what your budget is. If you are looking for something more like a truck get either a traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or a traxxas slash 4x4 vxl. If these trucks are over your budget you could also get either one of those trucks I mentioned in the standard 2 wheel drive. Horizon hobbies is a good place to buy them
Take it with a grain of salt. It's all in fun and nobody is bashing the guy.
BTW, both your choices are very good advice.
I'd suggest the Slash. I have 8 cars and I'd have to say my slash holds up best.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

I'm the type of person that bashes to break. as in if it doesn't test the car or I DO NOT get that nervous excitement about the possibility of braking it; its no fun. I'm a racer nowadays but the one basher I had when I managed a hobby shop that always freaked me out when I tried crazy stuff like driving it off a barn roof or apartment 3rd story balcony was the Savage (was gas version back then). I am wanting to get a savage flux lately to relive those days.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Ive been searching everywhere for wht the best electric offroad basher is but cannot find it.
to get you started......
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...st-basher.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...gy-basher.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...st-basher.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...st-basher.html

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/basher-approved/

i might have been silly before? best basher=1/8 scale but costs more.
1/10 best basher = traxxas anything but slash is perhaps most popular then HPI. want better handling but slightly easier to break( can be made stronger but you need more $$ = Team Associated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.