Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheYellowDart
Hey all -

My kids are racing kids class with their slashes and having a lot of fun but the wheels that were given to me are too deep on the rims compared to stock slash so the rim rubs the arms when turning. Do you know what to look for with rims so they don't bind when turning? Thanks!!'
You have some options. Unfortunately, the 2wd Slash has different wheel offsets front and rear. You can add RPM offset compensating front arms to use rear or Slash 4wd wheels all around to simplify things. Do you know what the wheels are off of? If they're from a Losi, you can put the Proline Protrac kit on the Slash to accept zero offset wheels. The kit comes with stronger longer arms, stronger towers with more adjustment options, stronger rear bearing carriers with multiple camber link options, turnbuckles, and a set of zero offset wheels to mount more tires on. Last I checked the kit was $50-60. Or you can just buy wheels for 2WD Slash front and rear for the stock truck. AKA racing offers all of their tires as premounts if you want to skip gluing up your own.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Which 2wd slashes are available with the black chassis? Looking for a brushed version. Is the Gordini the only one? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Been tuning on my slash this morning. Rebuilt the shocks with fresh oil, rebuilt the transmission...etc..
Old 02-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Velineon 3500 with new esc

Does anyone know of other speed controls that will run the velineon 3500 motor other than the vxl-3s
Old 02-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubba.j
Does anyone know of other speed controls that will run the velineon 3500 motor other than the vxl-3s
Any brushless speed controller will do it. You just need to do some soldering.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubba.j
The earlier Velineon motors were 2-pole and could be run with virtually any brushless ESC. But the later Velineon VXL3S system uses a 4-pole motor. I would think that the inexpensive Castle Sidewinder would work fine. I would call their tech service line to make sure. Also, eBay RC chop shops may have a VXL3S ESC much cheaper than one packaged by Traxxas

Last edited by bubbaslash; 02-28-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cm03
Which 2wd slashes are available with the black chassis? Looking for a brushed version. Is the Gordini the only one? Thanks!
Yes just bought the Robby Gordon version, due to the fact thats the one with a black chassis.

However could have bought a cheaper version, without the black chassis, cause i am converting to a lcg chassis anyway.

However i like it.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

So far so good with my robby gordon slash that is black with stickers.
Last week i bumped from the Cmain to the Bmain. i was happy with that.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

hello slashers. i cleaned my slash recently, theres nothing to tune on it because it drives good.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LCG Chassis & OBA

I'm thinking about getting the LCG chassis for my 2wd Slash but I have OBA and want to know if the chassis has a place to mount the OBA module.

Also, if I upgrade to brushless, does the ESC support OBA?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MisterLeon
I recently installed a CC sidewinder 3800kv with a sidewinder sct esc. When I am pressing from a stand still it sounds like the motor is running but i dont get the punch i feel it should have. I am running an 18T pinion and 86t spur (STOCK) which was recommended as a starting point for this motor. Car seems like it has a decent top speed but overall it doesnt feel like its working to its potential. I am running a 2s lipo 5200mah 60c battery, and after about 15 minutes at the track the motor is running at about 160*F. I am going to open up the transmission to make sure there isnt any teeth missing but does anyone else have any ideas? maybe have gone through the same problem and fixed it?
Try 23/86, you will get better results and cooler Temps.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wesleyroy
Yes just bought the Robby Gordon version, due to the fact thats the one with a black chassis.

However could have bought a cheaper version, without the black chassis, cause i am converting to a lcg chassis anyway.

However i like it.
I also got the Robby Gordon version, last april. Not only like the black chassis, but also the fact that it comes with adjustable mounts. But for now, I am still liking the Orange Gordon body. Other than the wing coming off, the body has held up really well.
Thinking of replacing it with one of Pro-line's Bug bodies. If I do that I think the exposed black chassis will look good under a Beetle body. Also, as a long time Mad Max Fan, the Desert Eagle body still tempts me ( and also appropriate for a 2wd vehichle) I might even get some adjustable mounts for my 4x4 and transfer the Gordon body to the beat up Used 4x4 I recently came across.
I've been looking at the Kinexsis 3000 or 4000kv system for a brushless upgrade for the 2wd. Anybody have any experience with these systems? They have really good reviews and Horizon has decent customer service and backs them.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default My Slash

Old 03-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickerz
I'm thinking about getting the LCG chassis for my 2wd Slash but I have OBA and want to know if the chassis has a place to mount the OBA module.

Also, if I upgrade to brushless, does the ESC support OBA?
I have an OBA module on my LCG chassis mounted using factory holes.

I don't have a Traxxas brushless ESC so I can't address your second question.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
I have an OBA module on my LCG chassis mounted using factory holes.

I don't have a Traxxas brushless ESC so I can't address your second question.
Thanks for confirming my first question. I called Traxxas and they said they sell the brushless ESC (Velineon VXL-3s) with the OBA feature but it's only sold by them. The tech said I can send them my brushed ESC & motor and they will offer me the trade in value, reducing the price of a new brushless ESC & motor combo for only $125 + $5 shipping. So I may do this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.