Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default *Please Delete*

Last edited by ChrisE; 04-12-2006 at 10:31 AM. Reason: irrelavent old post
Old 10-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no idea about your specific situation, but it's obvious you and your dad have some outside issues to tackle before R/C racing.

Namely finding out for sure if he doesn't want to go because he hates it, or it's too expensive, or he doesnt want to go because of the way other mechanics/driver's act, or the way you act, or even something simple such as it's very time consuming and he needs to relax more. There could be any number of other outside circumstances.

If he is not taking you seriously then find out why. Repair your relationship with your dad before trying to drag him back to the track.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I guess I would have to ask if you have the ability to drive them, why can't you work on them? You said you are wheelchair bound, but nothing more. I'm not trying to be critical in any way. Just legitimate question.

So my point is, not for you to do all the work, but maybe if you can do a little that would help out greatly. It's alot just for him to take you there, and spend HIS time at the track for your hobby. I don't have a drivers license, and rely on rides to the track, and everyone that helps me out is greatly appreciated and I make sure and tell them that.

Also if he's your mechanic, maybe he thinks you go out and banzai drive around the track creating more work for him. I don't know you or how you drive. But slower is faster, and creates less breakage. Just some thoughts. Hope you work it out. But like the above post says, you need to find out what the actual problem is you two are having.

Last edited by jbrow1; 10-11-2004 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies. Yea, I geuss I should have been a bit more specific. I have Muscular Dystrophy and im in a power wheelchair. The reason why I cant work on them myself is because with the disease that I have, I really dont have much use of my arms. I do however have sufficient hand strength to use the radio and drive.

For the most part, I am easy on my cars and dont have much problem with breakage.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Glad you didn't take my post offensively. It's too bad that your Dad quit taking you, since it's something you can do, and probably love to do if you're like me. Sounds like you should have a little heart to heart with your pops and see if you can resolve the issue. Hope it works out for you, or you at least find someone to help ya!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Cool. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

id try peple at the track, the r/c croud is always really freindly, some work is better than none and some racing is always better than none
Old 10-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wish you lived near me I would be more than happy to help you out. Talk to the track owners I bet you would get a very good response from them. I would bet money that you will not have a problem finding someone to help you out. I wish you luck and if you ever get to Wisconsin look me up and I WILL help you out for sure.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

I'm with KINGZJ. If you were near me(or me near you) I would be more than happy to have the chance to wrench on a car for you. Except I live on the other side of the country.

Just a thought, go to the local highschool and if they have a woodshop/tech program go talk to the teacher and get the names of the best students who are anal about their work yet friendly. You might find someone who is very interested in helping you out. I know I am the current woodshop "bitch" (in a good way, because I love it) and I have actually gotten a job because of that. Its worth a try I guess.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Also, consider asking the owner's of the shops you mentioned if you can hang an ad stating your needs in the hobby store. I am sure a fellow racer would help you out.

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Great ideas guys. I'll make some phone calls to some of the tracks and shops and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help guys its greatly appreciated!!