Wiki Posts
Search

Associated gear diff questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)
Default Associated gear diff questions

I have a b4.1 and a sc10 that i am looking to rebuild the diff since i bought the cars used. i was wondering what oil i should be replacing them with. the track i well be running on is a clay indoor (high traction) and a blue groove outdoor (low/mid traction). i want a oil that well work for both. I have heard to use like a 2k or 5k.

I am really looking for the difference of a light oil compaird to a heavy oil?

thanks in advance
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get a ball diff, there way better for racing. There performance just blows any gear diff away. They will cost you but it's well worth the money. And if you build them write and take your time and breakthem in good they will last for a long time. I bought my ft b4.1 in march and my diff is still smooth and it's all stock diff parts.

Ty
Old 07-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by x60Driver
Get a ball diff, there way better for racing. There performance just blows any gear diff away. They will cost you but it's well worth the money. And if you build them write and take your time and breakthem in good they will last for a long time. I bought my ft b4.1 in march and my diff is still smooth and it's all stock diff parts.

Ty
i dont have a 100 to waste on 2 diffs. i am a college student that has bills. i dont see why gear isnt good? they are in every 1/8. i like the easyness of the gear diff.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq_racing
i dont have a 100 to waste on 2 diffs. i am a college student that has bills. i dont see why gear isnt good? they are in every 1/8. i like the easyness of the gear diff.
I'm a collage student also, and I wouldn't look at it as your wasting money if you wanna be competive then ball diff is way better if you don't really care and just wanna let er eat then gear it up.

The gear diff isn't really good bc of the way the gear diff unloads in the corners and take off and just they way it's drives is not the best
Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'm a collage student also, and I wouldn't look at it as your wasting money if you wanna be competive then ball diff is way better if you don't really care and just wanna let er eat then gear it up.

The gear diff isn't really good bc of the way the gear diff unloads in the corners and take off and just they way it's drives is not the best
i know its not a waste of money. i just dont have it. i am getting a t4 that has a ball diff that ill be putting in my sc10. but i am still looking for a good oil to start with.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm a collage student also,
Old 07-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

First of all, this question should have been asked in the appropriate thread(s).

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ld-thread.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...eam-forum.html

Second...I don't see why this had to turn into an argument over how much money the average college student has....