Wiki Posts
Search

Electric buggy set up help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Default Electric buggy set up help

I need a little help from you guys on how to set up a Mamba castle combo on my losi 8ight 2.0. I have the electric conversion, servo, receiver and radio. I just don't know how to set up this Mamba castle. I've read on the forums and sites about using a USB on the pc to set up the Mamba castle. Don't you just plug it and go? What's this USB all about and how do you use it? Also what's a good battery for this system? Sorry for all the question but I'm trying to make a come back to electric. I've started electric when the battery used to only last 5min on a 15 min charge. That was sucks. Now we have lipo battery that last much longer.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here - but what does the manual say?

I have a MMP, the 1/10th scale version of that ESC and the manual was pretty good at explaining what all needs to be setup. You dont need to use the USB( Castle link) interface necessarily.

Low voltage cut off, punch control, reverse lockout, BEC, etc are all things you may need to change based on your setup.

4s batteries are typically whats run in 1/8th scale electric, I'd recommend a hardcase.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by guss2009
I need a little help from you guys on how to set up a Mamba castle combo on my losi 8ight 2.0. I have the electric conversion, servo, receiver and radio. I just don't know how to set up this Mamba castle. I've read on the forums and sites about using a USB on the pc to set up the Mamba castle. Don't you just plug it and go? What's this USB all about and how do you use it? Also what's a good battery for this system? Sorry for all the question but I'm trying to make a come back to electric. I've started electric when the battery used to only last 5min on a 15 min charge. That was sucks. Now we have lipo battery that last much longer.
LOL is started back then too! those days sucked huh compared to the cool stuff they have now.

there are 3 ways to alter detailed attributes in that ESC, usb on computer, programing card or manually by listening to beeps and looking at the lights (omg that takes forever and can get confusing). BUT you shouldn't have to mess with any of that just to get it started. Its frankly fine out of the box for most people.

But you do need to do the basic set up procedure to let the ESC know waht your radios full end points are for brake and throttle as well as neutral. There is a quick start section in the manual where I believe you turn on the controller, then the car while hitting the gas on the controller. it will then go into a set up mode where it blinking lights and you will have you hit full brake, leave at neutral then hit full gas to set its end points for your radio. the manual has the details so read that section before doing it. It takes 20 seconds or so. If your cars wheels go in reverse when you hit the gas forward, then reverse any two of the wires from the motor to the ESC and repeat the setup procedure to cure it.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The directions show a quick start guide. But if you want to customize then u use the usp.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GoatsnBros
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here - but what does the manual say?

I have a MMP, the 1/10th scale version of that ESC and the manual was pretty good at explaining what all needs to be setup. You dont need to use the USB( Castle link) interface necessarily.

Low voltage cut off, punch control, reverse lockout, BEC, etc are all things you may need to change based on your setup.

4s batteries are typically whats run in 1/8th scale electric, I'd recommend a hardcase.
I don't have a manual yet because the castle monster Mamba is been shipped to me. Im asking for the help that way once I receive it Ill have more of an idea of what to do and what else I need.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I don't have a manual yet because the castle monster Mamba is been shipped to me. Im asking for the help that way once I receive it Ill have more of an idea of what to do and what else I need.
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf
Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default MMM

Hi Guss,

The MMM can be manually programmed without having to plug it into a computer.
If you look at the manual found in this link:

Read through the manual programming section so you get a detailed overview of what to expect with each setting.

Then go to the last page "caslte car esc programming reference" so you wont get lost in the "BEEP(S)"

To enter manual programming, just keep squeezing the "Throttle" on your radio before you turn on the ESC.

You'll hear four consecutive beeps that indicates the arming sequence, keep your radio in full throttle position until you hear another set of beeps indicating that youve successfully entered manual programming. (i timed it at 10 seconds after the first four beeps)

After that you can relax the throttle position into neutral and youll notice the the ESC making beeps constantly.

Refer to the programming reference so you know where you are.

Its like in morse code (beep pause beep) indicates that you are in section one - option one. If you select YES (by squeezing the radio to full throttle) you will be presented with the next section and first option in that section.

(beep pause beep) means you are in break reverse type section option 1
if you select NO by going into Full Break, the next option will be presented in this sound (beep pause beep-beep) and so on.

If you select YES at any option in section one, the ESC will move to the next section and you will hear (beep beep pause beep) which means that you are in section two Break amount, option one 25%.

This will continue until youve reached the last section (9) and after youve selected an option here, the ESC will again let out a set of beeps (arming) which indicates that youve successfully reprogrammed your MMM.

Hope this helped as Ive had the same dilemma before.

@everyone:
If I missed anything please feel free to add or correct me
Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ghabze24
Hi Guss,

The MMM can be manually programmed without having to plug it into a computer.
If you look at the manual found in this link:

Read through the manual programming section so you get a details overview of what to expect with each setting.

Then go to the last page "caslte car esc programming reference" so you wont get lost in the "BEEP(S)"

To enter manual programming, just keep squeezing the "Throttle" on your radio before you turn on the ESC.

You'll hear four consecutive beeps that indicates the arming sequence, keep your radio in full throttle position until you hear another set of beeps indication that youve successfully entered manual programming. (i timed it at 10 seconds after the first four beeps)

After that you can relax the throttle position into neutral and youll notice the the ESC making beeps constantly.

Refer to the programming reference so you know where you are.

Its like in morse code (beep pause beep) indicates that you are in section once option one. If you select yes (by squeezing the radio to full throttle) you will be presented with the next section and first option in that section.

(beep pause beep) means you are in break reverse type section option 1
if you select NO by going into full break, the next option will be presented in this sound (beep pause beep-beep) and so on.

If you select YES at any option in section one, the ESC will move to the next section and you will hear (beep beep pause beep) which means that you are in section two Break amount, option one 25%.

This will continue until youve reached the last section (9) and after youve selected an option here, the ESC will again let out a set of beeps (arming) which indicates that youve successfully reprogrammed your MMM.

Hope this helped as Ive had the same dilemma before.

@everyone:
If I missed anything please feel free to add or correct me
THanks for the info bro i appreciated but i decided to stay running nitro only so i put the mamba monster up for sale.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

THanks for the info bro i appreciated but i decided to stay running nitro only so i put the mamba monster up for sale.
Awww, thats too bad but its still up to you. I saw your post as you mentioned. The 2200 motor could handle up to 6s and if youve never seen that before, imagine a 4s 40c lipo can make your buggy do wheelies at 30mph and can make you think it wants to do a backflip when you give it half throttle from a stop. I personally have never used 6s as 4s is already a handfull

If youve never tried BL before, I hope you give yourself a chance before letting the opportunity go. That's one helluva combo you got there and Im thinkin' people are just waiting for the right markdown price before pouncing on it.