Wiki Posts
Search

savox 1258tg needs volts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default savox 1258tg needs volts.

my little adventure starts today with a call from dad, "when you gonna bring that car over so i can see if i need one? he has a slash and stampede both vxl brushless 2x4. my new car is VE8. (this is mostly servo/castle thing) so i got two fresh batts, found my temp prob for my multi meter and set my timing to plus 25. wanted to check out the motor temp now that i could. get to the old mans house we hit the back yard, its mostly medium/fine rock. i show off for about 5-6 min car steers great on the crappy surface. dad wants a turn, ok no problem. i go in the house for 5min come out and he says "it doesnt turn left very well" servo is shot. i know i had a cheaper servo and had done my research on replacement that i planned to get soon but com'on man! ok hit the LHS they had three of my top picks. hitec 985 savox 1258/1257. so i went with the 1258tg a little more Torque. and the price 65.00 is right there with the online powerhouses, +tax. meanwhile dad decides he wants a 400.00 RTR 4X4 vxl slash, but only wants to spend 300.00. but i remember that earlier i saw one on CL for 225.00 with hop ups. shocks/alum front steering parts some rear alum/rpm, 1 3s 5000 lipo extra set of tires/wheels. he ends up with the CL slash a pretty good deal. hit another LHS on the way back, needs the batt hold down. get that, another lipo...OK. finally were home, do a quick once over on the new/used slash. plug his new lipo into my charger, he doesnt have a lipo charger yet. talked him into the thunder ac680. stuff my glorious new servo in its new home, hit the juice and it it looks like my front end is having a seizure, WTF? i check and recheck.. so i hit google on my phone, and all these links come up about power hunger savox!!! what the hell? how come i never saw any of this before i bought the damn thing? ok out the F-n door again. with last words from my mom "watch your mouth" lol..all i know is i need a BEC. liberty hobbies right down the road did not disappointed. 21.99 again on par. finally me and dad can run the cars OH but wait, what? " you dont have a solder gun?" J-C!!! I'm going home. so all day 5min of run time.. once home i got it hooked up set the volts at 6. the steering is great but now with the TX and castle monster off, it sound like im still getting power at the servo. i cant turn the wheels but i get that sound, (you know) but i must bitch about castle on this. i dont care if its a firmware/hardware/software thing, there is no reason with the amount we pay for these that it cant be adjusted to run a higher volt servo. these mamba monsters are for 1/8th scale, what the hell kinda servos do they think were gonna run with these? i just cant believe it was all day to get the car back on the road. i guess i'm lucky though to have a couple LHS that dont try to rape you at every chance. and also the savox servo box looks like it will make a nice small parts holder well tomorrow is another day. umm i think thats it.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Talk about a long vent lol, but honestly you could of saved yourself alot of money and bought a novak glitch buster (aka capacitor) or spektrum cap. , both should run no more then 6bucks , it plugs right into any open slot on your receiver and any and all glitching , power hungry savox issues are gone ;-)
Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Talk about a long vent lol, but honestly you could of saved yourself alot of money and bought a novak glitch buster (aka capacitor) or spektrum cap. , both should run no more then 6bucks , it plugs right into any open slot on your receiver and any and all glitching , power hungry savox issues are gone ;-)
yep, i saw those once i got home..i may pick one up anyways. i wanna try the mech brakes, and from what ive read i need a external BEC anyways. just gotta see if i can repair my cheap tower servo to use as the brakes.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I have mechanical brakes on my ve8 but I don't plan on using them ;-)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

u don't need an external BEC.
I have Savox 1268 & 1258, Fantastic servos, just amp hungry.

Get any glitchbuster & problem solved 7$. Put 2 Caps in if you feel the need.

THX