Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi SCTE electronics issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks larlev, I am really nervous about trying anything, don't need to melt down any more batts. I got an old one from a friend, it is hardwired not the banana plug style so we will see what happens. Fingers crossed for this weekend.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I stuck with the Havoc Pro Sc, Fantom fusion 6.5, only thing I did differentwas put in a new Fantom 6000 mah 60 C battery. Geared it down to a 13/40. Motor came off after the 1st heat at 105 degrees, I baby'd the truck just to make sure it was gonna be ok. The truck was way under geared, I was worried about being on full throttle too much so I just babied it, stil took 2nd in the heat. Geared up to a 17/40 for the 2nd heat motor came off at 150 degrees, I didn't baby it but still wasn't giving it all she had. Srtayed with the same gearing for the 3rd heat and gave her the guns for the whole qualifier, motor came off at 170 degrees, finished 2nd but had the fastest lap of anyone for the day in that heat. Geared down to 16/40 for the main, motor came off after the 7 minute main at 159 degrees. I won the main by about 10 seconds over 2nd place. The other thing I changed was the type of plug I used to plug into the "tube" on the battery. I change to the ones that Fantom sells.
Truck was flawless all day. Thanks for all the help guys, looks like Casper was right on the money when he said it was the plugs.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yeah, the Fantom 6000 mah 60c batteries should be showing up on their website soon.......they are awesome....Thanks Fantom
Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the best thing to do is sale that mmp and get a rx8 and your done