Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Truggy purchase advice? Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brushless Truggy purchase advice? Help

Well like title says I need help or advice with purchasing a new or new condition used Brushless truggy. I am looking for something 1/10 to 1/8 scale. Wanting it to be race capable or race quality with few mods. Light bashing but really looking to see more track time. I am really contemplating converting my Jammin' X1-CRT to Brushless with a mamba monster 2200 kv setup. But cost wise seems like I could purchase a new truggy for close or for just a little more then the cost of converting. Any help advice or ideas would be great. Thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Prophet

well if you want, to race also i would get the rc8t ce good value you dont need any hop ups for it it comes with it and handles good its a race truggy for bashing im not sure im actually converting my rc8t ce.

if your on a tighter budget than the d8t is worth a look for sure .
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Isn't the RC8t ce a nitro vehicle? I'm looking to stay electric so if there are any vehicles that fall into that category it would help, thanks.

If there is a RC8t in Brushless version I'll need to find it.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WRXStage3
Isn't the RC8t ce a nitro vehicle? I'm looking to stay electric so if there are any vehicles that fall into that category it would help, thanks.

If there is a RC8t in Brushless version I'll need to find it.
There's an Official Associated conversion. I run an RC8T CE with E conversion and I love it. It's definitely race worthy and it's the popular choice around here as well. For my setup, I run a 1350kv motor on 6S. Very efficient.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I was really hoping there was something like a Brushless truggy already to drive instead of buying a truggy kit and converting it. The cost for converting my x1-CRT is just under 300 and a rc8t ce is over 500 for the kit. I'm looking more for something that's already Brushless , if I'm looking at doing a conversion on a kit or roller then I'll just do the jammin conversion. Any other ideas?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...&cat=60&page=1

This is EXACTLY what you need. 1/8 electric. Just add batteries and charger.

We cannot keep them in stock, but the options for a real electric truggy, especially priced right are very limited.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well like title says I need help or advice with purchasing a new or new condition used Brushless truggy. I am looking for something 1/10 to 1/8 scale. Wanting it to be race capable or race quality with few mods. Light bashing but really looking to see more track time. I am really contemplating converting my Jammin' X1-CRT to Brushless with a mamba monster 2200 kv setup. But cost wise seems like I could purchase a new truggy for close or for just a little more then the cost of converting. Any help advice or ideas would be great. Thanks
I am curious why don't You convert the x1 CRT? I used to race it BL. it's a tough car. Rcm has it's motor mount.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I am curious why don't You convert the x1 CRT? I used to race it BL. it's a tough car. Rcm has it's motor mount.
Honestly with what options are available and for the price it looks like the conversion will be the way to go. I do agree the x1-CRT is a really fought truggy and I believe it should be a beast with a Brushless setup somewhere around the 2000kv range. Any suggestions on motor and battery combos?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Honestly with what options are available and for the price it looks like the conversion will be the way to go. I do agree the x1-CRT is a really fought truggy and I believe it should be a beast with a Brushless setup somewhere around the 2000kv range. Any suggestions on motor and battery combos?
That's the cheapest option, buy a jammin batt tray n a rcm motor. Combo buy a hobbywing xerun 80amp or 150amp esc n a 4274 motor 2000kv.

Batts you can buy zippy for a start then buy race batts Later
Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
That's the cheapest option, buy a jammin batt tray n a rcm motor. Combo buy a hobbywing xerun 80amp or 150amp esc n a 4274 motor 2000kv.

Batts you can buy zippy for a start then buy race batts Later
Definitely going to do the conversion but the xerun stuff seems to be out of stock everywhere and the price is the same as CC mamba monster combo. If someone knows where to get the best price let me know. Best I'm seeing is 252 for the mamba monster 2200kv setup. Thanks for the help
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Lord

Definitely going to do the conversion but the xerun stuff seems to be out of stock everywhere and the price is the same as CC mamba monster combo. If someone knows where to get the best price let me know. Best I'm seeing is 252 for the mamba monster 2200kv setup. Thanks for the help
Try eBay or rcfans