Community
Wiki Posts
Search

proline SC gladiators..who's run them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default proline SC gladiators..who's run them?

The new ones, I'm looking for some direct feedback. Im considering them as an all arounder for the Losi SCTE 4wd.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I run them on a Loose, hard Packed track, M3;s they work very well. 3 stage pins, so they last quite awhile.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I run them on a Loose, hard Packed track, M3;s they work very well. 3 stage pins, so they last quite awhile.
Cool, thanks. I am running basically two tracks here that are complete opposite. One is tight hard pack, high-ish bite, with little loamy dust on top from time to time, the other is about as loose as I can possibly imagine a track being.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Cool, thanks. I am running basically two tracks here that are complete opposite. One is tight hard pack, high-ish bite, with little loamy dust on top from time to time, the other is about as loose as I can possibly imagine a track being.
I think these tires only good for loose/hard or Soft/Loose tracks.

Heres my track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2k1cEJpi9w
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I think these tires only good for loose/hard or Soft/Loose tracks.

Heres my track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2k1cEJpi9w
hmm, ok. cool.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

There are better race tires for tacky tracks, but Gladiators are consistent wet or dry, have a predicatable slide and I like how the bigger pattern cleans itself out in loamy wet conditions when other tires get caked up.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MotoWood
There are better race tires for tacky tracks, but Gladiators are consistent wet or dry, have a predicatable slide and I like how the bigger pattern cleans itself out in loamy wet conditions when other tires get caked up.
Gotcha, yeah. looks like one set aint gonna do it all. Well, maybe, but there will be compromise. I still may give it a go. I wonder if AKA enduros in "soft" would be better as a jack of all trades sort of tire.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I am pretty impressed with the stock Losi tires myself! I have ran them on moth my 2WD SCT and my 4WD SCT! Other than for being soft and maybe not lasting a long time, but time will tell...
Old 05-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecman26
I am pretty impressed with the stock Losi tires myself! I have ran them on moth my 2WD SCT and my 4WD SCT! Other than for being soft and maybe not lasting a long time, but time will tell...
yeah, I don't hate the eclipse tires, and do have a full set laying around. Good call. That's no fun though. If I just use those, no packages in the mail!!! I actually wish they were a tad softer, but for an rtr tire, they're outstanding!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Gotcha, yeah. looks like one set aint gonna do it all. Well, maybe, but there will be compromise. I still may give it a go. I wonder if AKA enduros in "soft" would be better as a jack of all trades sort of tire.
+1, those are a very good tire as well!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run the Gladiators on the rear of my slash 2wd and they work great on soft loose type dirt or hard pack with loose dirt on top. They won't be very competetive on clay or blue groove 'clean' type tracks though. My advice in your situation is to save up and get 2 sets of tires, 1 set for each track(ask around at the track what the fast guys are running). That way you can really enjoy it when you're at both tracks. Otherwise you're limiting your fun at one track or even both tracks. Or, get the Gladiators and try them out at both tracks and decide from there whether you need other tires or not.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nytryder
I run the Gladiators on the rear of my slash 2wd and they work great on soft loose type dirt or hard pack with loose dirt on top. They won't be very competetive on clay or blue groove 'clean' type tracks though. My advice in your situation is to save up and get 2 sets of tires, 1 set for each track(ask around at the track what the fast guys are running). That way you can really enjoy it when you're at both tracks. Otherwise you're limiting your fun at one track or even both tracks. Or, get the Gladiators and try them out at both tracks and decide from there whether you need other tires or not.
yeah yeah... I know I know. I was trying to be cheap.