Search

RC10 Factory Team GT???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Buying an engine for my FT RC10GT

Hi guys,

Besides OS .12 CVR (s) and .12 CVRX (s) wich other engines can be mounted without modifications on the RC10GT Chassis ?

thanks !!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

O.S. 12 TR,Trinity Sirio12 Evo 2,Picco.I have a O.S. 12 TR,Runs great,easy to tune,rear exuast,Fasttttttt.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Wildcherry

Will the gt dogbones and the gt yolk work, what will you gain using trhe t4 instead. And what will you loose using the gt.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Wildcherry

also using the 3.5 racers hubs, doesnt that give you a total 6.5 toe in in the back?? The a arm carriers come with 3. Not trying to pick trying to understand because I will try this. thanks for bearing with me

dave mac
Old 10-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The arm carrers come 3 degrees. That makes 6 degrees toe in. The 1.5 hub carriers bring it down to 4.5 toe in. That's stock. Alot of people go with 0 degree hub carriers to get to 3 degrees rear toe in. That helps with any pushing problems in the turns. It's what I use. I think wildcherry has the angle mixed up in his previous posts.

He's talking about widening the rear. So if you don't use the T4 or B4 rear axel, you won't get a widened stance.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by jbrow1
The arm carrers come 3 degrees. That makes 6 degrees toe in. The 1.5 hub carriers bring it down to 4.5 toe in. That's stock. Alot of people go with 0 degree hub carriers to get to 3 degrees rear toe in. That helps with any pushing problems in the turns. It's what I use. I think wildcherry has the angle mixed up in his previous posts.

He's talking about widening the rear. So if you don't use the T4 or B4 rear axel, you won't get a widened stance.

Sorry for the confusion Dmac & everyone....

* Stock Gt rear hub is 0 degree or 3.0 degree toe
* Team Gt comes with the 1.5 degree rear hub... 4.5 toe

Order the Racer`s Edge Hub for B-4 , be sure you get the 1.5 degree ones...... ( RCE9438>Stomer Hobbies)

Thats all I`m waz trying to say here....( I corrected the 3.5 mistake)
If you use the stock rear hub for the T-4 ,you get 3.0 degree toe.

With this set-up my Gt does not push, If you use the correct choice for the Ft tire.

I`m using losi 8 row, silver, well worn, with standard foam insert & Tangerine Tire grip.....used what tire works best for you....

Remember, use the Rtr axle for the T-4 or B-4( For Dogbones)
*use 7 thin Cvd shims on the axle before you install axle on hub, then use 2 thin shim`s & install the axle pin..

You cannot get the wider rear track with the B-4 rear axle spacer installed. So don`t use it....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-20-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by D Mac
Wildcherry

Will the gt dogbones and the gt yolk work, what will you gain using trhe t4 instead. And what will you loose using the gt.

dmac
The T-4, T-3, GT all use the same size dogbone....( with T-4 & B-4 Rtr rear axle)

And, for its worth , Ae uses different part number`s on the same dogbone......

Even more confusion..... He !
Old 10-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Wildcherry

Well the verdict is in. My buddy who holds the record at our local track, put all these mods on this week, and today was about a 1 faster per lap, and broke his fastest lap record by a second.

Although he used t4 front axles, other then that everything was the same, he said it handled like his t4.

Needless to say ill be working on these mose this week.

He is wondering about shiming the ball stud up or down on the caster block? any suggestions

thanks for the help

Daev Mac
Old 10-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

D Mac,

sorry for the delay, rebuilt da puter...

Its almost as fast as a Ae now...

Glad to C you like the set-up...

Switch to the losi axle in ft...
You will be glad you did, with the T-4 axle you are missing alot of steering & stability...

I just brought a new digital (Nikon) ...

Will post pic`s soon.....

ft ball stud >

more up = more steering & less stability
down = less steering & better for bumps

with these changes....
Da Ae Gt is faster than the Losi ,Mugen, ect. !!!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

for those interested, i just got the crescenzi rear widening kit for the GT. its not really much wider than the stock GT, but it incorperates losi style axle washers to prevent the rear CVDs from binding against the bearings. no more meticulous process when tightening down the rear wheels! just turn and go... losi style
Old 11-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Now just get the front widening kit and you'll really love it!! I still don't crank my wheel nut down with the new washers either. With the old setup you just tighten the nut, then back off an 1/8.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Wild Cherry

THanks for the reply, I have a couple more questions, hope you dont mind you have been very helpful!!

1. The t4 and the losi mod axle are the same lenth, so tring to understand why the losi is better?

2. THe Losi I read you recomend 5 washers under the ball on the steering arm?? That seems like a huge amount, just wondering why

Again thanks for your help. I think phase two of the losi axles is going to happen this week.

THanks
Dave Mac
Old 11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Since this is the RC10GT thread, I decided to ask. Should I wait to buy a GT for an update, or should I just break down and buy one when I get my job?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Losi, if you want one soon, get one when you get your job. Or hold your breath to see if a new one comes out.

Dave, you guys still racing? Where are you at? Starting some oval carpet cars here now. Fun stuff, but definately not
Moto-X-RC. I don't care what anybody tells me, nothing beats big air!!! Each to their own I guess.

Wild Cherry, can you post some pics of your front and rear axle setup? Mostly the front is what I want to see.

Last edited by jbrow1; 11-13-2004 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a T4 suspension-style one to come out, because everytime I buy something, the new version comes out a month later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.