Wiki Posts
Search

mini-t bevel gears

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Post mini-t bevel gears

Okay gang here's the problem; the original set of bevel gears trashed in the rear end of my sons truck. Took lots of teeth off...looked pretty cool!! We cleaned out all the debris and replaced the damaged parts. After two weekends racing (8 races) it sounded like the pinion was loose-no forward motion. Pinion was tight, I had loctited the grub screw and mesh with spur was good. Disassembled the trans and only visible damage was-you guessed it-missing teeth on the bevel gears. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common problem? Does anyone make an updated set of gears for this little bugger? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Losi and MIP make ball diffs for it, so that might be a route you wish to look into.

I actually haven't seen one of the gear diffs blow up yet..but I'm sure it's possible.