crooked rims ?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default crooked rims ?

I just bought 4 new kosho rims for my DBX and they're all bent.So were the ones that came on the car new.Are there any companies that make 2.2 ST rims with a 12 mm hex that are known for good rims?
Thanks,DON
Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

TQ makes a stadium truck wheel with 12mm hex... But why don't you just contact Kyosho and let them fix the situation first?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thecman26
TQ makes a stadium truck wheel with 12mm hex... But why don't you just contact Kyosho and let them fix the situation first?
I don't do that stuff I just except that Kyosho might not have the QC it used to 15 or so years ago.
But maybe that's the way things go today,you buy 4 rims and complain and get 4 more and of the 8 you get 4 OK ones.
DON
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big beam
I don't do that stuff I just except that Kyosho might not have the QC it used to 15 or so years ago.
But maybe that's the way things go today,you buy 4 rims and complain and get 4 more and of the 8 you get 4 OK ones.
DON
I have always had and expected top notch from Kyosho and have gotten it so far! I would at least let them know what happened. I am sure it could have been a myriad of things that made the wheels warp. Let them at least try to fix it. But The TQ wheels were nice when I got them. But Kyosho wheels IMO were always nicer for me. I have a whole crate of them!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I'll take your advise and contact Kyosho.Over the years most of the stuff I've got from them has been great,maybe they just had a bad run .I have a TF2 that is a belt drive and I play with it every summer and it must be 15 years old now and have never replaced a part yet,just motors.
DON
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Or you could take the rims and boil them in water, then leave the rims in the water and let the water cool back to room temperature. Rims warp when they are pulled from the mold and cool too soon. Sure you can contact Kyosho, and maybe they will even send you some new rims no questions asked, but you can fix the ones you have.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

...or the fact that all the rims you put on the car wobble might indicate bent axles or bad bearings, hexes not fitting correctly over the drive pins etc and not the rims at all...

Last edited by RC Dad; 05-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.