Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sourt course 2wd vs. 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default sourt course 2wd vs. 4x4

What is the difference on the track between 4x4 and 2wd. Also, why do alot of 4x4 kits cost more than brushless 2wd rtr's?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC10 man
What is the difference on the track between 4x4 and 2wd. Also, why do alot of 4x4 kits cost more than brushless 2wd rtr's?
Extra gear boxes more diffs, can be some are aluminum as well. They drive differently although I will say setting up for a corner can be close to the same the exit speed you can achieve getting out of that corner with a 4x4 is hard to attain with a 2wd without getting squirrelly.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
Extra gear boxes more diffs, can be some are aluminum as well. They drive differently although I will say setting up for a corner can be close to the same the exit speed you can achieve getting out of that corner with a 4x4 is hard to attain with a 2wd without getting squirrelly.
agreed. My brother drives a 2wd slash and my wife has a 4x4 that i use. Driving them back to back is a good eye opener, the 4x4 is much easier to drive fast in a short period of time, the 2wd allows you to use better lines but traction is an issue but i found myself using the throttle to rotate around corners while using less brake.

2 different driving styles