Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash 4x4 brushless vs Losi Ten SCTe >

Slash 4x4 brushless vs Losi Ten SCTe

Slash 4x4 brushless vs Losi Ten SCTe

Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FASTDMAX
i love my losi and ive had both, losi is a great truck, so is the slash,both durable but the slash does have a high center of gravtiy vs the losi. but ssg just released a lcg chassis for a slash, i think that will work better than stock. hell i am thinking of buying another slash and do lcg chassis just to see the difference
i don't think the target market for the lcg chassis is a customer that doesn't have a truck. to buy a slash with the intention of then buying the $150 lcg kit to race it is crazy. it's just not cost effective relative to the performance you will get. now if you already have a slash that you bought to bash or to learn with and now you want to race, it is a viable option.

i have a slash 4x4 and a ten-te. i love both trucks. the traxxas has been pretty bulletproof. i just finally broke my first a-arm a couple weeks ago. when i bought the truck last year, i bought a set of RPM arms figuring i'd need to replace arms pretty quick.

i haven't had my losi as long but so far i haven't had any breakages. so i guess i would echo the sentiments of those that say if you're looking to strictly bash, the slash would be a better choice. if you want to race only, get the losi. the harder decision comes when you want to do both. assuming that your lhs has more traxxas stuff, i'd say go with a traxxas. if your lhs has a good inventory of losi and traxxas parts, i'd say to go with the losi.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do not argue with the Traxxas fan boi's and gurls. It's like talking to a brick wall. They will ask a question, then proceed to tell you why you are wrong with far fetched bullchit to justify their crappy purchase.

rcman, still waiting for that video...
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

the traxxas will certainly be cheaper, $350 RTR or so vs $270 for the Losi roller

the losi's built stronger, and has a more robust drivetrain, but you're paying more for that

the slash motor/ESC combo is stressed in a truck as heavy as the slash though, it's going to run hot.

the losi is going to run quite a bit more $$$, but it's a higher quality product (no plastic slider driveshafts that bind up and make the suspension hang up)
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the Losi is much more versatile and is a better all around truck than the slash. Especially if you are going to be doing any racing. I have both trucks and I just don't drive the Slash since I got the Losi
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Do not argue with the Traxxas fan boi's and gurls. It's like talking to a brick wall. They will ask a question, then proceed to tell you why you are wrong with far fetched bullchit to justify their crappy purchase.

rcman, still waiting for that video...
have vid. just cant get it to download on my photobucket account, but when i do you will eat those words and not your salad. so get the fork ready! and i asked the Qs to see if you know about it and the truth is if it is not worth doing than why did you all try the setup when you knew it would fail? i dont think any of you tried anything.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think most guys assume since the VXL system is already over taxed in the Slash 4x4 then it would really be over worked in a truck that is 1/2-3/4 of a pound heavier .

And they are right , sure you CAN get the VXL system to work but if you have to gear it really low and run fans on everything to keep it all cool then whats the point ? If a fan fails (and they WILL fail I assure you) then you risk frying the motor or ESC (If it doesnt thermal first) .
Old 05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I think most guys assume since the VXL system is already over taxed in the Slash 4x4 then it would really be over worked in a truck that is 1/2-3/4 of a pound heavier .

And they are right , sure you CAN get the VXL system to work but if you have to gear it really low and run fans on everything to keep it all cool then whats the point ? If a fan fails (and they WILL fail I assure you) then you risk frying the motor or ESC (If it doesnt thermal first) .
well thats the good thing about the vxl it will thermal shut off thats why i never fried any of the 6 i have. and as far as the way it runs in my slash i never get above 135. the limit is 160 the 12/40 gearing i am running in the losi is more than enough tourqe and good upstairs. at least my setup
Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcman45
have vid. just cant get it to download on my photobucket account, but when i do you will eat those words and not your salad. so get the fork ready! and i asked the Qs to see if you know about it and the truth is if it is not worth doing than why did you all try the setup when you knew it would fail? i dont think any of you tried anything.
Huh? Eat what with huh? Excuses, excuses... Saturday it was "Damn pesky rain" excuse (isn't the traxxas setup water proof?)... Today it's the "Can't upload to my photobucket' excuse.

Just upload your 10 minute video of you running to LVC and I will be quiet. But I will still insist everyone stay away from this system in the SCTe considering there is about 15 other options that are WAY better.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lamest thread ever.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by traxxasgal
i have both and do very well with the traxxas, never broke, the losi i ran the same amount of times and broke a few things, not from crashing either. my losi drive shafts have bent after 3 battery runs on flat surface (when i was testing before hitting the track that has jumps.) the shfts are very thin so i wasnt surprised. the bearings are 6 differant sizes and the manual is very plain with no info. the traxxas manuals will tell everything from complete detailed tear down to part # for evrything. the diff. pins will need to be changed quickly. the losi weight is .06 (half a pound) more than the traxxas. now you will get everyone on here to diagree and say traxxas is a brick but just remember i have both and did the testing. the losi and the traxxas have the same 12mm hex so what ever rim you go with will fit both, however i run bar codes on both but on the losi they rub the body and are not legal so i had to trim the body. although i dont race when i have these tires on. i have a differant set for racing the losi. traxxas fits fine and is legal. as far as maintance the traxxas can be taken apart completely with 3 tools 2mm 1.5mm and 1mm the losi you will need both metric and standard and alot of differant sizes to boot. the servo and reciever holder is a pain to work with due to the very tight fit compared to traxxas which is a breeze with everything right in front of you. now dont get me wrong, the traxxas is a higher center of gravity but just remember it is always 80% driver and 20% truck. would go with the traxxas any Qs pm me.
i agree with traxxasgal, you are full of it, you probable are jealous of her, why would she state all this and not own one, you need to get a grip! and stop trolling before you get this thread closed. it is people like you who mess it up for us. the end
well thats the good thing about the vxl it will thermal shut off thats why i never fried any of the 6 i have. and as far as the way it runs in my slash i never get above 135. the limit is 160 the 12/40 gearing i am running in the losi is more than enough tourqe and good upstairs. at least my setup
They are the same person... Traxxasgal types and misspells all the same words as rcman45, capitalization is also the same along with horrible punctuation. Not to mention they don't have a clue what a run on sentence is.

The mods need to take a closer look at their accounts, all both those alters do is cause drama in every thread they enter. It's already been confirmed that traxxasgal's Photobucket account is also the same user name of a member who has been banned here.

Just saying...
Old 05-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are the same person... Traxxasgal types and misspells all the same words as rcman45, capitalization is also the same along with horrible punctuation. Not to mention they don't have a clue what a run on sentence is.

The mods need to take a closer look at their accounts, all both those alters do is cause drama in every thread they enter. It's already been confirmed that traxxasgal's Photobucket account is also the same user name of a member who has been banned here.

Just saying...
CAUGHT! lol nice detective work Salad!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Just saying...
I'd agree, the same person is now just trying to stir stuff up in the losi SCTE thread....
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Suspended

Just saying...
so what your saying is that ALL the people that misspell on here are ALL related. that makes no sence. i think you have to much time on your hands

i qoute again: You have to understand, some people come on here and are just bitter at the world and will whine about anything, then another whiner will see that and take it a step further. In this world of viral information, obviously information as well as MIS-INFORMATION spreads quickly. i am done here the end
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

....and closed....