Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Do Not Buy Anything From TQ RACING PRODUCTS >

Do Not Buy Anything From TQ RACING PRODUCTS

Do Not Buy Anything From TQ RACING PRODUCTS

Old 05-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bubbafrc - Could you forward this email you sent? And include the email address you used.
[email protected]
Old 05-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlog
The funny part about this is every time something pops up like this theblackbart jumps up to help bash in that thread.

So for the record Nick is our operations manager, Roy handles sales and nitro team and I handle the electric team. As for the rest of the PM you received that is all wrong.

As far as for the "kind of people who work for TQ", If you ever had the chance to meet us or ask people in this industry about us you would find that we are working very hard to bring a great product to market, that we are racers like yourself.

As I told the guy who emailed me " The best thing you should do about this is to press charges with or through the credit card service. I do not have anything to do with the sales at TQ but I do police these issues and welcome any and all legal options to be pursued."
I was speaking of a hypothetical situation where all this is true. Is it really?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

This thread is kind of confusing........there are 2 TQ racing companies? Did someone in fact get scammed or not? Or? All I know is that I will make sure NOT to buy anything from the company, whether or not a slanderous claim was made. Ive seen too much cr@p going on lately with scams with smaller companies and buyers/sellers here on the tech. Its too bad, but I'll stick with the larger established companies/businesses because of threads such as this.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michael_lambert
As stated, I work in the financial industry and we deal with this sort of stuff regularly.. All the owner of the credit card had to do was call up their card company tell them what has happened.. The company will then fax/email you the required forms stating that what you say is correct and basically if they prove other wise your up shits creek with out a paddle.. They would then reverse the charge forcing the merchant to follow up with it. I mean they are now out their money and product so they tend to be more cooperative.

And same with any sort of rental company they require the credit card on hand to swipe into the system or take an imprint of and then 9 out of 10 times will photocopy the ID to go along with the rental. So if a card was used with different ID it would be very easy to prove, just by walking into your local police station and advising them your Identity was stolen and where your card was used they will follow up with it.

Clearly, Someone with no first hand knowledge of what has happened has posted their views on the details instead of this hobby shop owner himself sharing these details!
I was taken for $2600 out of my bank. All the purchases were made online, so can't go to police station and file charges unless I fly to local area where they were made. So your analogy is a little off.

My card had the little RFD chip..which had ss#, cc# addy, and a ton of other things about me. The asses used a scanner and scanned my card while in my pocket inside my wallet.

Point is could have happened other ways than TQ doing it.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

subscribed
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

i never planned on buying anything from them, but now I will.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Damn credit card scammers, they rarely get caught. When you call the card's issuing bank, you usually end up getting some call center in India with a guy named Pete. Pete could care less about pursuing a case against the criminals and just write off the charges.

Most stores when they check the ID, rarely even read the name to compare it to the card. Even if they catch it being a different name, do you think the person behind the counter making $9/hr is going to say something? Usually not.

Credit card fraud is far too easy of a crime to commit and not get caught.

Hope everything gets resolved.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just an update, I talked to the original poster of this thread we talked about what he knows and now I am waiting on a return call from Chad (the owner of the shop). When I have more I will let you all know. I am working on this as fast and aggressive as I can to help resolve the problem. It's what I do and have done.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jlog
Just an update, I talked to the original poster of this thread we talked about what he knows and now I am waiting on a return call from Chad (the owner of the shop). When I have more I will let you all know. I am working on this as fast and aggressive as I can to help resolve the problem. It's what I do and have done.
Without going into details. I do trust and believe JLOG. Luther really does need a smack down though! I do not really know, but I think it would be best for someone to explain what Luther's involvement is or is not at TQ. That may help those on the fence over this.

The whole idea of "well, the credit card company will take care of it" is just Horse Shiz! Do any of you not have a an idea or right and wrong anymore? Stealing is Stealing, Lying is Lying etc.

I would wait until Jlog gets to the bottom of all this, because I know he will and it will be the truth.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

So Luther is no longer the owner of TQ? Or is that part wrong? I would like to know the answer to that question myself.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Seems to me that if the owner of TQ has such a bad rep that if the company were to change hands that would be a huge announcement or the new owner would change the name.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I was taken for $2600 out of my bank. All the purchases were made online, so can't go to police station and file charges unless I fly to local area where they were made. So your analogy is a little off.
It's no Analogy, Identity thief is a federal offence. We have delt being from Canada with the FBI a number of times on the same issues.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Guys just to set you straight on the recording laws. Federal wire tapping laws state that a third party has to have a federal judge's authorization to tap a line. However, as long as one party involved in the conversation is aware of the recording it is allowed in the majority of states in the US. Good advise to verify this locally.

My screen name should validate my knowlege...16 years on the job and 26 years in the hobby.

The laws state that you can report a crime on the internet where the victim lives or where the crime occured. If you need verification of this contact your local FBI branch and ask to speak to the local cyber crimes guy.

In the end the credit card co. is responsible for reimbursing you for your loss because their agents did not properly verify the identity of the card user. You will be reimbursed then the CC company is responsible for the loss. You are no longer the victim. The larger companies do not go after small losses. This is why so many people get away with this.

Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to pm I will be glad to do what I can.

Scottie Hinton.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

hmm i dont see TQ coming on this thread and trying to clear anything up, i mean i read posts from TQ racing alot on this forum but not so much on this thread. i wonder why?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by charly71
hmm i dont see TQ coming on this thread and trying to clear anything up, i mean i read posts from TQ racing alot on this forum but not so much on this thread. i wonder why?
JLOG represents TQ racing and will get this resolved. John is an important part of the r/c racing community.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.