Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Drive shafts turning in my truck but not moving the wheels please Help !!!!!!!!! >

Drive shafts turning in my truck but not moving the wheels please Help !!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drive shafts turning in my truck but not moving the wheels please Help !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drive shafts turning in my truck but not moving the wheels please Help !!!!!!!!!

Heys guys i was driving my E Maxx and jumped it and hit the ground pritty hard so i chect it out and the drive shafts were moving but the wheels arn't i thought i was the diff's but there all metal i lifted it up and floored it and the wheels were moving a little bit so if you could come up with something that would cause this then please help !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sounds like it is possibly one of the pinion/spur gears within a diff housing. I'd recommend starting at the wheels (where they attach to the axles) and work through the driveline piece by piece, to determine the cause.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

When I had a similar problem, it was the motor. It came loose. Just had to retighten the screws. Otherwise check the spur gear, pinion etc. If it's anything like the AE's, it's possibly the wheel that is stripped out by the pins on the axles. The above post is probably the correct method to find the problem. Start from the wheels
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

/sarcasm ....... It's a hobby and requires you to work on your r/c from time to time.

I start checking it out till you find the problem but sounds like it's not engaging the clutch.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If the driveshafts are moving and the wheels aren't I'd check for sheared axle pins. Take off the wheels and see if the hexes spin on the axle.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

hmm sounds like to me it coud be a broken inline roll pin
Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If it's a 1st gen E-maxx I'd look at the driveshafts... They were crap back in the day... Twist within themselves and just spin freely!!