Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How important is customer service to you? >

How important is customer service to you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How important is customer service to you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default How important is customer service to you?

I recently have been having problems with Pro-Lines products(mainly the tire), as many of have had. I started a little thread, contacted PL and got good results. But the problem continued and got a little worse. I started to purchased some different tires from another company, but Im brand loyal so I stick with. Contact them again they respond but wasnt really expecting anything.

Then Matt contacts me here on RCTECH and problem solved, get the problem solved and get my tires to me by the end of the so I can race this weekend.AWSOME! Now I know some people have problem getting a response from PL or some other companies. But I think its sometimes good to buy direct, spend a few more dollars its well worth it in the end. Not saying I always buy direct but it doesnt hurt when the customer service is great.

A big thanks to Matt from PL for all your help. PL 4L
Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

FWIW Pro Line has great customer service. At least they have for me in the past. We had an issue with 1/5 scale tires ripping the sidewalls. A few hone calls to PL and all was fixed and ripped tires replaced with re-engineered product. Two thumbs up from me on the customer service end for sure!!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Customer service is huge. I always try to be loyal to those companies who show me good customer service and bad customer service? Let's just say I haven't bought a single futaba or LRP piece of equipment in many years because they both basically told me I was out of luck when I purchased an item of theirs that was dead out of the box.

Maybe their customer service is better now but I don't care. Once bitten twice shy.

Pro-line, Losi (with the exception of their handling of Xcelorin stuff), AKA, Jconcepts, Novak, Tekin and Hitec are just a few of the companies whose customer service has been excellent in my experience.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

very important
Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

It depends...

How much am I paying vs how much I'm getting...

There is a local resturant whos customer service is terrible. Hell the food isnt great either, but its always packed... Why? Its dirt cheap and you get a lot.

Kinda like hobbypartz - they have cheap stuff, returning stuff is a pain in the ass, cant get ahold of them, etc. But I've bought a fair amount of stuff there, and its safe to say MANY other people have as well. Why? I'd be willing to bet its not cause of their customer service...
I've bought enough stuff at a good price that outweighs the one time I had an issue and had to return something - even then it was made right in a sense, it just was a lot harder than it shoulda been (plus cost me $2.50 extra for shipping).

Customer service is very important to me when its at a place that has prices on par with everyone else - it can be the result of me choosing them over someone else even if the prices are a few bucks more.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GoatsnBros
It depends...

How much am I paying vs how much I'm getting...

There is a local resturant whos customer service is terrible. Hell the food isnt great either, but its always packed... Why? Its dirt cheap and you get a lot.

Kinda like hobbypartz - they have cheap stuff, returning stuff is a pain in the ass, cant get ahold of them, etc. But I've bought a fair amount of stuff there, and its safe to say MANY other people have as well. Why? I'd be willing to bet its not cause of their customer service...
I've bought enough stuff at a good price that outweighs the one time I had an issue and had to return something - even then it was made right in a sense, it just was a lot harder than it shoulda been (plus cost me $2.50 extra for shipping).

Customer service is very important to me when its at a place that has prices on par with everyone else - it can be the result of me choosing them over someone else even if the prices are a few bucks more.
Agreed, I like hobbypartz, hobbyking and hobbywing branded electronics. But at least I know with them I'm likely to not get any CS.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
FWIW Pro Line has great customer service. At least they have for me in the past. We had an issue with 1/5 scale tires ripping the sidewalls. A few hone calls to PL and all was fixed and ripped tires replaced with re-engineered product. Two thumbs up from me on the customer service end for sure!!
I hope it did not take Proline 30 days to send your new treads out...... I actually still have not received mine so 30+ days.........

I returned a set of Trenchers that also tore the side wall and will never again buy a Proline product..........
Old 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Very important, but its even better if I don't need any support at all. That said, my LHS gladly handles any returns/repairs for me and at least in part that is why I spend almost all of my money with them. Doesn't hurt that they also operate a killer track and I like to support that as well, but even without that the friendly attitude and willingness to help keeps me coming back despite the fact that I could probably save some money shopping online
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really don't give a crap about customer service unless I have a problem.

The only company I have ever called for service was Yokomo, back in the early 90's. I was missing a couple parts from my YZ-10 kit. I think I actually spoke to Associated though since they were the distributor. They sent me the parts no problem.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't care how good the product is. If they have bad customer service, they won't be getting my money.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'd say its about 90%

There is a reason I still run hitec servos even though I kill a ton of them

Tekin, traxxas, pro-line and team assocaited has also taken very good care of me.

Team durango has the worst customer service I've ever experienced, other than SMC lipos.

Ony reason I still have the durango is because I couldn't sell it for what I wanted to get out of it. I tried to get rid of it, but now I've got it dialed and it's fast.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Colse to 100%. If a company stands behind their product, provides superb assisstance and it's a top level performer, i would use their products, even if it meant paying a few more dollars over competitors.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulwhat
I don't care how good the product is. If they have bad customer service, they won't be getting my money.
how abt the other way round? Losi is pretty well known for the good CS, but my recent purchase (scte) had some serious QC issues. to make matter worse some parts were on back order for abt a month!!
as for my other rc cars, i have never had the need to call the CS.

so between CS and decently designed products which is more important?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Customer service is everything, I will not buy anything from a company that doesn't care about the "regular guy",Case in point Trinity.
I had a packedge get misdirected by USPS from B-FAST RC, And it was handled professionaly and quickly with great communication . If you treat people with respect, then you get respected. that is what keeps me loyal to the products I use, no matter what its for .
Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cweb
Customer service is everything, I will not buy anything from a company that doesn't care about the "regular guy",Case in point Trinity.
I had a packedge get misdirected by USPS from B-FAST RC, And it was handled professionaly and quickly with great communication . If you treat people with respect, then you get respected. that is what keeps me loyal to the products I use, no matter what its for .
+100

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.