Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3R

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spektrum DX3R

I have a Spektrum DX3R hooked up to 5 of my RC vehicles. 2-Traxxas vehicles with stock servos, 1-HPI Vorza with stock servo, 1-Losi 8ight-E with a Hitec HS-7955TG servo and a Tekno D8 conversion kit I built myself with a Hitec HS-7955TG servo. The problem I’m having is that the steering is so far off on all of them accept the Losi, by the time I center the steering trim on the Spektrum transmitter; the trim % is so far off I lose a lot of steering in one direction (obviously). When I hook up the stock transmitters, everything centers perfectly and goes back to normal. When I switch it back to the Spektrum transmitter everything is jacked up again. I’ve contacted Spektrum and their answer was to contact the servo manufactures. To me that makes absolutely no sense, how can 4 different servos all be wrong? So my question is… is there a way to bring the “trim” back to “0” once the steering has been centered and if so will that fix my problem or is there something else I need to do? Please help!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Have you tried realigning the servo horn? Put all the settings on the spektrum back to "0" detach servo horn, then turn on the rc and radio and then line up the servo horn accordingly........
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 Do that and then instead of using the trim use the subtrim. Subtrim will still allow equal turning in both directions where the regular trim does not.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't want to pull the servo horn just yet, because it centers perfectly with the stock transmitter. To me that tells me there needs to be some kind of calibrating or recalibrating with the Spektrum.

I'll look into the subtrim, Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
I didn't want to pull the servo horn just yet, because it centers perfectly with the stock transmitter. To me that tells me there needs to be some kind of calibrating or recalibrating with the Spektrum.

I'll look into the subtrim, Thanks!
Thats just it, every radio has different settings on their trim, like you stated yourself everything works fine with the stock but not the spektrum, because the servo was set to the stock settings of the stock tx...... The losi one that is set with the spektrum is that way because you stated you set that one up yourself........
Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Thats just it, every radio has different settings on their trim, like you stated yourself everything works fine with the stock but not the spektrum, because the servo was set to the stock settings of the stock tx...... The losi one that is set with the spektrum is that way because you stated you set that one up yourself........
Got it, that make more sense now.

So setting up the subtrim should take care of my situation? Or is there something else that needs to be calibrated also?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
Got it, that make more sense now.

So setting up the subtrim should take care of my situation? Or is there something else that needs to be calibrated also?
Subtrim might, but if it doesn't then you'll just have to reset the servo horn..........
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds great, I'll try it tonight. Thanks for the help!