Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tech issues, esc PROBLEM?? ur advise pls! >

Tech issues, esc PROBLEM?? ur advise pls!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tech issues, esc PROBLEM?? ur advise pls!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tech issues, esc PROBLEM?? ur advise pls!

So im running a "Teakon redline sensored 13.5 w/a Novak 3s esc'' just bought the truck sc10. Just about every jump it would cut out but still have steering, the motor sounded like it wanted to turn but nothing but a click! and lights flashing on the esc. i'v turned it off and on maybe to reset the esc. still nothing but the servos moving... started to think could of been the new "ace genes 5000mah 40c lipo' i just got! cause my "venom lipos' worked fine. looked @ the gear set up and notice it was geared @ ''13'' ''87'' so i geared it to ''23'' ''78'' cause im running 1/10 sc dirt track. Put new Deans Plugs on the "ace lipo" making sure was not the connection. So test running it, same issue. put venom pack in and now same issue!! Now something starts smoking!!! lipo lil warm the ESC is way hot and the motor a bit warm as well! anyone have a clue w/the issue i have! Did i burn the ESC for such a low gearing?? To start? or is the ESC bad? smelling the ESC smells "BURNT!" no wires looked cooked though.. The motor smells nothing like the ESC.

Anyone answer my issue and point me to a gd ESC for brushless redline sensored 13.5..
Old 04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You have a good setup now. It sounds like you're not sure where to set it up and where to gear it.

Where are you driving/racing this at? Did you ask anyone for help with gearing?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default mistakes

first one is your venom battery. theyre cheaper on the market for a reason. thunder power replaces batteries for free as long as the case isnt cracked. 2 comseethis.com/gearing/default.aspx for gearing help. and your ESC is burning up. hook up a fan or get the gearing down right. though it may be to late for your ESC.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You have a good setup now. It sounds like you're not sure where to set it up and where to gear it.

Where are you driving/racing this at? Did you ask anyone for help with gearing?
ya i asked for help! everyone has there own thoughts..... i was only thinking ,beacuse of the low gearing,it burnt my ESC out. not gearing in ?. if the issue is w/my ESC cause my truck keeps cutting out.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jray152
first one is your venom battery. theyre cheaper on the market for a reason. thunder power replaces batteries for free as long as the case isnt cracked. 2 comseethis.com/gearing/default.aspx for gearing help. and your ESC is burning up. hook up a fan or get the gearing down right. though it may be to late for your ESC.
the venom is the 1 that worked fine. the gene ace 1's r the one i noticed the issue the most w/. then the venom started as well. i'm thinking the ESC had issues to begine w/ and just started to break down. now it looks as i need a new ESC? don't think its been a heat issue. doing it in the cold as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont be afraid too ask for help at your local track. Most fellow racers will help you with your ride. If your esc is damaged you could send it in for repair, cheaper than buying a new one. Nothing wrong with Venom (newer Roar approved) batteries.
I have 2 40c 5000 Venom batteries that are over a year old and raced several times a month, still going strong.
Tom

Last edited by SCTom; 04-25-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add info.