Wiki Posts
Search

Losi/Horizon handling of the Xcelorin Debacle

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Losi/Horizon handling of the Xcelorin Debacle

I have been a Losi customer for decades and I still am. I am a happy owner of the Ten Scte and three 8ight E buggies between my son and me.

However, my xcelorin 9500 ESC that I bought last year new in the shrink wrap from someone here is now a paperweight. My kids Xcelorin in his 1/8 scale buggy is also a paperweight.

Horizon just informed me that they will do no repairs or replacements other than in warranty for these items at all. So my 1/10 scale ESC that I paid nearly $200 for and got 3-4 races out of is now worthless and cannot even be repaired for money.

Am I wrong? Is it unreasonable to expect a speed control to last more than a couple of races? Anyone else want to weigh in? What's your experience?

I'm sorry guys but this is bush league. If you want to simply wash your hands of the Xcelorin debacle (and no one would deny that it has been a horrible debacle) you are really dumping on a lot of faithful customers who have spent a lot of hard earned cash on your company over the years.

This is simply not how you treat customers. You clearly got involved with some manufacturer in china (I know losi doesn't manufacture these things) who couldn't produce a reliable product, so you just throw your hands up and tell all your customers to go pound sand.

Really, really not nice Losi. You should have some kind of help for those of us who trusted you with our money. Horizon ought to at least offer a replacement of another brand they carry at cost but no, I was just told that my ESC is a paperweight with absolutely no value and I have to eat the cost.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I have been a Losi customer for decades and I still am. I am a happy owner of the Ten Scte and three 8ight E buggies between my son and me.

However, my xcelorin 9500 ESC that I bought last year new in the shrink wrap from someone here is now a paperweight. My kids Xcelorin in his 1/8 scale buggy is also a paperweight.

Horizon just informed me that they will do no repairs or replacements other than in warranty for these items at all. So my 1/10 scale ESC that I paid nearly $200 for and got 3-4 races out of is now worthless and cannot even be repaired for money.

Am I wrong? Is it unreasonable to expect a speed control to last more than a couple of races? Anyone else want to weigh in? What's your experience?

I'm sorry guys but this is bush league. If you want to simply wash your hands of the Xcelorin debacle (and no one would deny that it has been a horrible debacle) you are really dumping on a lot of faithful customers who have spent a lot of hard earned cash on your company over the years.

This is simply not how you treat customers. You clearly got involved with some manufacturer in china (I know losi doesn't manufacture these things) who couldn't produce a reliable product, so you just throw your hands up and tell all your customers to go pound sand.

Really, really not nice Losi. You should have some kind of help for those of us who trusted you with our money. Horizon ought to at least offer a replacement of another brand they carry at cost but no, I was just told that my ESC is a paperweight with absolutely no value and I have to eat the cost.
i understand your argument and i agree, but i am not aware of the 'situation' you are referring to. is there something wrong with the xcelerin electronics?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
i understand your argument and i agree, but i am not aware of the 'situation' you are referring to. is there something wrong with the xcelerin electronics?
The situation is that they seem to fail more regularly than others, but they have simply discontinued everything and will not repair the existing units. They simply are washing their hands of them all and telling the customers they are out of luck.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

This is sad, when you buy a product from a respectable name in the industry you expect good customer service and a good product. I have to agree with on this matter.

What happen to you get what you pay for.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I don't think your expectations are unreasonable at all. I've never had and Xcelorin product so I can't comment on them, all I can say is with all the good things I have read about Tekin and Castle Creations and their support is they will be my choices for ESC's and electric motors!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

The situation is that they seem to fail more regularly than others, but they have simply discontinued everything and will not repair the existing units. They simply are washing their hands of them all and telling the customers they are out of luck.
seriously?? WTF is excelorin owned by Losi?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Horizon is probably not capable of repairing them. If they have no out of warranty replacement perk (not many compaines in any industry do) then it's an expensive lesson learned. I feel for you, these little things are expensive and it sucks when things wear out before their time. FWIW, they have great service in place for Spektrum products.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I feel for you man, had to deal with the Xcelacrap myself. I bought a brand new 8ight E when it first came out. I went through like SEVEN of those paper weights before I gave up. I wound up selling the last replacement to a guy who knew of the issues. Horizon was happy to send me replacements every time. I asked, every single time, "can you tell me what went wrong so I can stop having to get them replaced?" I never got an answer, just a replacement. The customer service was great, but those systems are JUNK.

Do yourself a favor; replace them with a Tekin, Castle or something else, and forget about Xcelerin. They don't even make decent paper weights, because they merely remind you of the $$ you wasted on them. Sure, some folks can get them to work, but as you have experienced, they are no longer "supported".
Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
I feel for you man, had to deal with the Xcelacrap myself. I bought a brand new 8ight E when it first came out. I went through like SEVEN of those paper weights before I gave up. I wound up selling the last replacement to a guy who knew of the issues. Horizon was happy to send me replacements every time. I asked, every single time, "can you tell me what went wrong so I can stop having to get them replaced?" I never got an answer, just a replacement. The customer service was great, but those systems are JUNK.

Do yourself a favor; replace them with a Tekin, Castle or something else, and forget about Xcelerin. They don't even make decent paper weights, because they merely remind you of the $$ you wasted on them. Sure, some folks can get them to work, but as you have experienced, they are no longer "supported".
+1 on both points mentioned.

Great custom service at Horizon/Spektrum/Losi or whatever. I've sent in transmitters to receive brand new in box ones not even under warranty before!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is the single weakest link in any rc system.

It also happens to be one that we, as hobby guys , can NOT fix ourselves.

That is why I only use Tekin.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

get an lrp or a hobbywing... damn reliable both of these.....
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Chiro I highly suggest you check out Viper. 365 day warrenty on the speedo's. I spent a few hours at their office this morning and the quality that go into making the ESC's is insane.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Chiro I highly suggest you check out Viper. 365 day warrenty on the speedo's. I spent a few hours at their office this morning and the quality that go into making the ESC's is insane.
OH??? Did you see them being assembled (ie made) during the visit??? Castle never lets you get too close 'cause there's some proprietary stuff going on there but I've viewed the boards 'loaded' prior to solder and fresh shiney boards after solder.... It's a really cool thing to watch!

Do they have a bunch of high tech machinery??? The stuff I've observed at Castle is really mind boggling! It's great to see stuff like this made in the USA to high standards by USA people!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fork...does Viper have any issues with Savox servos or high output in general. What esc and motor is made for the 4x4 trucks...mainly the Ten-scte?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Larry, don't you have a track to build?

There's no harm in plugging a cap into your receiver to keep the juice up.

BOT, I popped my 1/8th scale Excelorin ESC the first qual I ran it in.

I have a 6.5 Excelorin motor that runs very strong through a MMP...

I'm just saying...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.