Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Engine question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Angry Newbie Engine question

hello
I am pretty new to the hobby... there isn;t anyone around to help me out with this OS RG of mine in my buggy... I did the break in process and after running for additional 5 tanks I took apart engine... but my engine is a little weird now... when I turn by hand there are two tight spots(one just before piston hits top and the other just after it hits the top) at the very top position it is pretty loose. so it like TIGHT SPOT-LOOSE at the top-Tight spot again... is this normal? or did i assemle my engine wrong? any help will be appreciated.. thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Nitro Tech

There is a play between con.rod big end and crankpin. The new engine is about 0.01mm~0.02mm.(every mfg. has its tolerance) When the play become bigger and bigger,you will feel it more serious.

All racing engine should keep it under 0.05mm. Engine for practice or just for fun,you can keep it under 0.1mm still ok(don't run too lean). When it become bigger than 0.1mm,its time to maintain it.

Last edited by dino.tw; 09-19-2004 at 01:55 AM.