Wiki Posts
Search

How much is my RC10 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default How much is my RC10 worth?

Vintage Associated RC10 Gold Pan "A" Chassis, Restored and very Clean with excellent or new parts such as tires (new), battery box (new), body and wing (new), nose plate (new), aluminium alloy jelly bean wheel cover (new).Includes Motor (kyosho mega motor), esc (futaba MC210CB), servo (fp148) and receiver (AM 75). All electronics in excellent and working condition.The rider and the stickers are a repro. Nothing is broken.

I won a chasis from ebay, its new never been used so once I install it the car will be really clean almost new condition with only very minor grease discoloration to a couple of white Nylon areas. Anyone with any experience with this able to offer your opinion would be great, not looking to sell, just curious what you all think.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...9&l=d6abd17ca4

Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need to see the chassis and underside of the arms...any scratches will lower the value.

Basically, a new built RC10 that has never been run, shelf queen condition, should go for around $350 - $400. If you get two competitive bidders on EBAY, it could easily go higher. Your original box art paint job is a bonus so I would value it on the higher side.

EDIT: oh wait those are real aluminum rims made by AE? Add another $200+
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Near mint condition gold pans are not all that difficult to find... this one in particular (without seeing better pictures), is flat out gorgeous... Other than I think the color is off? MIght want to ask the guys on rc10talk.com. (about the color, not price.. they will kick you off the site for asking that question! ) I spend a bit of time there with the other classic collectors.

Unless hard up for money, I wouldn't sell it. The problem with these, is that they are priceless... It could go for $150 one month.. $4 or 500 the next.

Here is my 80s shelf queen:

Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
Need to see the chassis and underside of the arms...any scratches will lower the value.

Basically, a new built RC10 that has never been run, shelf queen condition, should go for around $350 - $400. If you get two competitive bidders on EBAY, it could easily go higher. Your original box art paint job is a bonus so I would value it on the higher side.

EDIT: oh wait those are real aluminum rims made by AE? Add another $200+
yeah the rims are AE aluminum rims, paid a mint for them. The other pics are in the link above the photo. The new underside I am going to install will complete this and make it as near perfect as i can get it.

Hey there Capt. America, nice queen you got there. Which model is that one exactly?

Last edited by drpower; 05-02-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by drpower
yeah the rims are AE aluminum rims, paid a mint for them. The other pics are in the link above the photo. The underside is new not even one scuff anywhere. All the parts including electronics are 1984.
Just checked out the other pics.... STUNNING
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

here' my RC10 shelf queen....well not mine anymore, I had to sell it to pay off some gambling debts...but it did sell for a pretty penny

Old 04-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
here' my RC10 shelf queen....well not mine anymore, I had to sell it to pay off some gambling debts...but it did sell for a pretty penny
Dude... I would of sold my liver before i sold that thing!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
If I didn't pay off my debts, I might not have a liver anymore

Anyways, it is being well cared for...it went off to a fine chap in the UK.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

yeah dude those rims aren't cheap on that one. That ride looks like it was worth a few dollars to say the least.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by drpower
yeah dude those rims aren't cheap on that one. That ride looks like it was worth a few dollars to say the least.
I believe there's some guy in Singapore who is making repro Tecnacraft rims...but with slightly different design in the middle gold part.. $100/set on EBAY.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Gold pan

Since were on the topic i got some golf pan parts, i would say pre roller or almost roller. If interested i can gather some pics and post. Nake offer as its just sitting on the shelf in my garage.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know what it's worth, but for whatever this is worth: That is one gorgeous buggy there. I hope you don't ever have to sell it because that is one great display piece.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Vintage Associated RC10 Gold Pan "A" Chassis, Restored and very Clean with excellent or new parts such as tires (new), battery box (new), body and wing (new), nose plate (new), aluminium alloy jelly bean wheel cover (new).Includes Motor (kyosho mega motor), esc (futaba MC210CB), servo (fp148) and receiver (AM 75). All electronics in excellent and working condition.The rider and the stickers are a repro. Nothing is broken.

I won a chasis from ebay, its new never been used so once I install it the car will be really clean almost new condition with only very minor grease discoloration to a couple of white Nylon areas. Anyone with any experience with this able to offer your opinion would be great, not looking to sell, just curious what you all think.

I'll give you twenty bucks cash...right now...

That is probably the cleanest rc10 i've ever seen, should get a pretty penney for that one.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Near mint condition gold pans are not all that difficult to find... this one in particular (without seeing better pictures), is flat out gorgeous... Other than I think the color is off? MIght want to ask the guys on rc10talk.com. (about the color, not price.. they will kick you off the site for asking that question! ) I spend a bit of time there with the other classic collectors.

Unless hard up for money, I wouldn't sell it. The problem with these, is that they are priceless... It could go for $150 one month.. $4 or 500 the next.

Here is my 80s shelf queen:

That car is gorgeous. Love the original JRX2 - probably my favorite car of my whole racing career.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:17 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

who did ur 'boxart' paint job. i've been lookin for some1 to do that for me. thx

r

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.