Search

Slash Sway Bar Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Slash Sway Bar Problem...

Hey guys,
Just got my sway bars and am in the process of trying them out. The rear installation is giving me some problems... here is the link.

http://www.rcninja.com/index.php?rou...oduct_id=63107

Click on additional images... I believe I have it on the rears exactly as it shows. (The set came with no instructions) The movement of the arms now seems to be very restricted and I don't want to put so much force on it that it bends the bar. I can't really get anywhere near bottoming out. Before you ask, the bars are not locked down and rotate freely when not attached to the arms. Ideas?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMP-RC
I don't want to put so much force on it that it bends the bar.
That's how anti-sway bars work. When you raise one arm, the bar will attempt to lift the other arm... the sway bar WILL twist.

Here is how you can test them... Take the shocks off the truck so that the arms can flop around freely. If you move one arm up and down, does it lift and lower the other arm as well? (not necessarily the same amount, but some). If it does, and the arms move up and down without anything binding, then its installed correctly.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
That's how anti-sway bars work. When you raise one arm, the bar will attempt to lift the other arm... the sway bar WILL twist.

Here is how you can test them... Take the shocks off the truck so that the arms can flop around freely. If you move one arm up and down, does it lift and lower the other arm as well? (not necessarily the same amount, but some). If it does, and the arms move up and down without anything binding, then its installed correctly.
I do know this - The shocks are off... there is a small amount of easy movement where it seems to work as it should... but it limits the downtravel greatly and at a certain point in the movement it seems to be acting as a second stage spring... very hard to push the wheel up to a height where the truck bottoms out... I'm confused
Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

I think I've found the problem... I've taken pics. This makes me very sad...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

This is ridiculous... the ball link doesn't flex enough as it needs to: It stops WAY before the suspension travel does, so then the bar just has to bend instead rotating.