Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXX-SCT Proline Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi XXX-SCT Proline Body

hey guys im going to buy a losi xxx-sct in place of my slash cause im startin to race more than i bash now. so right now i have my slash my slash on ebay but before i decided to put on ebay i had ordered a ford f150 body from proline for it to race. the problem is i have it on ebay but dont want to sell the new body with it. so what i wanted to know is if the proline ford f150 body would fit on the new xxx-sct
Old 04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any body will fit with some trimming.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by havatitan
any body will fit with some trimming.
Not true. Or, at least they wont fit "right". The rear shock tower on the xxx-sct is quite high, so a lot of bodies wont sit low enough on the truck. Such is the case with my JC Raptor slash body I'm quite fond of. Sold the slash hoping to use the body on the xxx, but it's a no go.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not sure if the XXX-SCT body is the same as the Ten-SCTE. But I've got the SCTE and before I painted the stock body, I ran the Proline Ford F-150 body for my Slash 4x4. The problem that I had was that the hood scoop, got in the way of being able to push the body pins through. To get around that problem, I had to cut holes into the scoop, to let the pins slide through. Then when I'd crash, they'd just push through the body and only the rear pins would be holding the body on. So to get around that, I had to zip tie the body to the pins every single race which got to be a pain in the a$$. That's the only issues I had, but they were enough of an issue to where I'd only use that body as an emergency back up at this point. Too bad, because I really like the body too! if you need me to, i can take pix so you can see exactly what I mean. But that'll have to wait until later tonight when I get back from the track.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

ok so probably its just a big pain in the a** to try to fit it onto the xxx sct. i also have an sc10 which i race with would this body fit onto it?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

it should fir. i have a pro line raptor body on my sc10. One tip: paint and mask inside, and don't put decals on until you rip of the over spray protection film. I did both things wrong and it costed me a can of paint and a lot of time.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you would think this jerk off body companies would make a body to fit this truck that has been out before x-mas.....i had to trim a raptor body to fit for a big race and it looks like compete ----...and at 35 bucks a pop...i for one am starting to get a bit agitated....alright im done venting i seen this and it got me fired up....keep it on 4 yall

Last edited by BuckMan; 05-17-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: i should delete this....