Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-line New Flo-Tek Short Course Body!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Yeah... It's the louvering in the "bed" of the truck that's gonna have the biggest benefit.

Like I said... I just hope they are pre-cut... I'm interested to see if Pro-Line will stop in and let us know whats up.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidR
Yeah... It's the louvering in the "bed" of the truck that's gonna have the biggest benefit.

Like I said... I just hope they are pre-cut... I'm interested to see if Pro-Line will stop in and let us know whats up.
Glad you guys like it. I think one thing you are missing is the huge hood vent, which in testing dramatically decreased the parachute effect.

Unfortunately, like all of our bodies it comes un-painted and un-cut, but it does have scribe lines for the vents. Using a dremel helps save time when cutting them out.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

ahhhhhhh I see it now.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt @ Pro-Line
Glad you guys like it. I think one thing you are missing is the huge hood vent, which in testing dramatically decreased the parachute effect.

Unfortunately, like all of our bodies it comes un-painted and un-cut, but it does have scribe lines for the vents. Using a dremel helps save time when cutting them out.
Yeah... I forgot about the one on the hood, but did see it.

I really think you guys should reconsider at least looking into cutting the vents out.

I've tried cutting the louvers out of the "Raptor" style bodies... and it's just a royal pain.

I know I for one would be willing to pay probably another $5 or so if they were precut.... Maybe I'm the only one.... But ????
Old 04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to admit I think it's ugly.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I like the body. I like all the cutouts. What I don't like is the side wing things. I think that starts to go away from spirit of SC racing. I've also started seeing people put rear spoilers of clear lexan on the back of their trucks to create more downforce. Those are the types of things that may start to kill SC racing. I mean, what's next, cab forward Shortcourse truck bodies that are really just widebodied Stadium Truck or Truggy bodies? I really hope it doesn't start getting to that point because it'll take a lot of the fun out of it and that's when I'll sell mine and just keep racing 1/8th scale. One of the BIG popularity of the SC classes is because of the realism, once that starts to go, then so too will the class and it'll go the way of the Stadium Truck. Never completely gone, but not as popular as it once was. So anyone who buys the body, nice body, but how about keeping the wings off.
Why aren't your club execs enforcing these kinds of things? Or all the other racers shaming the cheaters into not using lame wings on their bodies?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidR
Yeah... I forgot about the one on the hood, but did see it.

I really think you guys should reconsider at least looking into cutting the vents out.

I've tried cutting the louvers out of the "Raptor" style bodies... and it's just a royal pain.

I know I for one would be willing to pay probably another $5 or so if they were precut.... Maybe I'm the only one.... But ????
+1 cut them for us.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First SC body I've actually liked. Still missing a few ways to get legal and needed down-force on the rear.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I like it.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt @ Pro-Line

Will this body fit the xxx-sct and ten-scte?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm not sure if I like this body or not... I'm really back and forth on it. On the other hand the new Pro 2 Chevy body looks great!

Sadly I'm sure like most everyone else has said ROAR will find some way to ban it.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

body style is cool, knocking off Monster Energy not so cool. whaddaya gonna do
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Why aren't your club execs enforcing these kinds of things? Or all the other racers shaming the cheaters into not using lame wings on their bodies?
Honestly, for club racing, our track looks the other way on a lot of things. They don't want to exclude people from racing. Which I can understand, but should definitely be discouraged. So next time we see people doing that, make a small comment like, "ohhh you're using a cheater wing huh? You know that's not legal right?" Hopefully with comments like that, people will take them off out of shame. Sadly, I think rather than that happening, we're just going to start seeing more and more people putting them on and eventually the SC class will start to look just like widebodied ST's
Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bburns
The side dams that you see on these new bodies are actually used by the full-size corr trucks. As far as spoilers go, they should NOT be allowed at any track.
Ah, I didn't realize that they're using side dams on the full-size trucks, I did a google image search and couldn't find any full-sizes trucks that had them. I did see some of the smaller dams that are more like name plates and ofcourse number plates, but none of the big side dams. I agree though that the spoilers shouldn't be allowed.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ridley
Will this body fit the xxx-sct and ten-scte?
Good question. I would think so but i will check on Monday and then update the site if it fits.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.