Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
SC10 increase in speed.... >

SC10 increase in speed....

SC10 increase in speed....

Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Definitely not drag racing speed. My grandson has a brushed Rustler and can not keep up with the brushless guys. I want to be able to clear jumps that do not have much of a straightaway before them.....need torque to give it the gas right before the jump and make it. Hope that helps.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try recalibrating the esc. Its a pain and you will need the directions but I have seen more than one of those esc's not calibrated correctly from the factory, once they have been recalibrated they had a ton more power.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murray100
Do not want to go with 3S batteries. Anyone confirm that this rig will have plenty of torque/speed with 2s 40C lipos? Are 40C's ok? Looks like I may order today so any quick info would be great. Mostly wanting to hear about speed and torque of stock brushless motor. Thanks again all.......
Any brushless owners care to comment????????
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sircrashalot
try recalibrating the esc. Its a pain and you will need the directions but I have seen more than one of those esc's not calibrated correctly from the factory, once they have been recalibrated they had a ton more power.
+ 1

Recalibrating and resetting the acceleration profile made quite a difference.

As others have stated, Lipo is the way you need to go.

I've run NiMH on my SC10 and lipo.. Lipo runs had more torque and with less sag.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I would absolutely agree with the recalibration suggestion. My first SC-10 was this same set up and out of the box it was really a pig. Then someone pointed out that I hadn't calibrated the ESC. Part of the calibration is setting the throttle profile. Default from the factory is "soft". There is a "standard" setting and a "maximum" setting. Once I had the throttle set to maximum, there was plenty of power. Compared to the "soft" factory setting, at maximum, this thing is plenty fast.

Pete
Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I went to the lipos...wow what a difference...plus changing the ESC to standard and maximum whoa !! Greased lightning !! Thanks for the input guys !!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

put a castle sct kit in like i did and you will love it!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Be sure to adjust your slipper clutch. Someone at the track today heard mine slipping and adjusted it for me. Night and day difference. I can now clear doubles and probably triples with some more practice. Thought about going with the Castle 3800 but in no hurry now.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

my vote also goes for lipo. But if no one wants to make that jump you can also go for an 8 cell hump pack. My cuz races with them on a tight indoor just because he likes the weight it gives him. that and he likes constant throttle.