Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin with a 7.5 in a shortcourse with a savox servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tekin with a 7.5 in a shortcourse with a savox servo

just to let everyone know I was having problems with my setup, had a savox servo with a 7.5 thunderpower on a thunderpower battery all on the tekin rs and it would almost make a clogging noise at low speed under hard acceleration and turning sharp or the motor would squeel loud. Come to find out I put a capacitor in the receiver in the extra port and solved all the issues I was having. Apparently it was drawing to much amps and overloading the receiver and glitching out. Hope this saves someone some headache
Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevink123
just to let everyone know I was having problems with my setup, had a savox servo with a 7.5 thunderpower on a thunderpower battery all on the tekin rs and it would almost make a clogging noise at low speed under hard acceleration and turning sharp or the motor would squeel loud. Come to find out I put a capacitor in the receiver in the extra port and solved all the issues I was having. Apparently it was drawing to much amps and overloading the receiver and glitching out. Hope this saves someone some headache
The savox servos are known for causing these types of "brown outs" is the term that I recall tekin reps are calling them.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Team Tekin

Yep, I experienced the same thing with the RX in my XXX SCT, but if I used a DSM2 receiver it went away. I just added a cap and problem solved.