Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default E firestorm

My dad is looking into getting a off road car or truck. Is a e firestorm ok and what is its wheelbase.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't suggest it. I would actually recommend taking a look at the for sale threads here and find a used truck You'll get a better truck than the firestorm and at a better price!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would get a t4 over the firestorm. I would also check how the parts supply is around you.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

depends on what its going to be used for. Bashing with some racing thrown in, the Firestorm. Its more durable than the AE or Losi trucks and can be competitive enough. Pure racing, go AE or Losi. Pure bashing, well E-Firestorm wins it. I raced mine for 2 seasons and never broke a single part. Had to keep an eye on the servo saver, but otherwise the truck was always good and fun. I would bash with it a little at my friend's house but mostly I would race it.

Heres some of my vids...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Didnt do so good on this run, but it wasnt too bad for a first quali.
+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

The main things that take away from the truck are the heavy slipper plates and VERY heavy all metal diff. However, the blitz lightweight slipper plates and ball diff will solve that problem.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I agree with Syber....

Whats he going to do with it? bash or race?

I raced my E-Firestorm and did well....always in the top 5... I just got a T4 and it is a better racer......but is more fragile....already broke a front arm and bulkhead....my firestorm took waaaaay more abuse and never missed a beat, I sold the firestorm to my buddy for his son to bash with.

If he can wait.......the newest E-Firestorm Flux is coming wiht a 2.4 radio and a waterproof brushless system....that would be great for bashing.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Sick videos! But a good driver can make any truck look good I'll bet you could take a Rustler out there and still beat a few people. I'm just saying, with how many cars and trucks there are that go for sale here, you could definitely find a great deal

And as for the T4 being brittle, I have yet to break anything on mine I have had problems with not checking screws before running a few laps and had to replace those... whoops
Old 04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I dont want to give the impression that the T4 is overly fagile...just side by side comparioson they are builtfor 2 different purposes.

My T4 will out turn my firestorm.....I had to do alot to the firestorm to get it to turn....overall handling is just alot more "nimble" or "agile" with the T4

The T4 is flat out a race vehicle....everything is lightened for speed and agility.

The Firestorm parts are just heavier and bulkier...designed more for bashing.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by utah300rum
I dont want to give the impression that the T4 is overly fagile...just side by side comparioson they are builtfor 2 different purposes.

The T4 is flat out a race vehicle....everything is lightened for speed and agility.

The Firestorm parts are just heavier and bulkier...designed more for bashing.
I agree with you there My first RC car was an older Rustler and the only time something broke it was going full speed into a drinking fountain