Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What SC Truck should I get? >

What SC Truck should I get?

What SC Truck should I get?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What SC Truck should I get?

A buddy of mine has a sc8e and I got a chance to drive it and I had a blast so I was looking to get a short course truck. I would like it to hang with him 1/10 scale preferably. I was looking at the slash 4x4 since its brushless and will take a 3s lipo out of the box. Any suggestions other then the slash? I'm very new to sc so I'm not sure where to start.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogue_One
A buddy of mine has a sc8e and I got a chance to drive it and I had a blast so I was looking to get a short course truck. I would like it to hang with him 1/10 scale preferably. I was looking at the slash 4x4 since its brushless and will take a 3s lipo out of the box. Any suggestions other then the slash? I'm very new to sc so I'm not sure where to start.
R u racing or bashing? If bash traxxas is great but if racing scrt10, hyper 10sc, ae 4x4 or losi 4x4 are great for racing.

I race a scrt10 myself.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
R u racing or bashing? If bash traxxas is great but if racing scrt10, hyper 10sc, ae 4x4 or losi 4x4 are great for racing.

I race a scrt10 myself.
Don't forget the Durango DESC410R for racing
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Don't forget the Durango DESC410R for racing
Yes! The most expensive Sct of all!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I went to the track for the first time last weekend and the OFNA's looked more durable than any others. The Losi's ans Traxxas trucks didnt look even close. Not saying there not great trucks, but the OFNS had alot more alum. on it and seemed more of 1/8 type durability over others. Have you looked at the brushless 1/8 Redcat SCT. For $300 it looks tuff and Ive read nothing but great things. Considering one myself.
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/.../Aftershock-8E
It even includes two lipos!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I went to the track for the first time last weekend and the OFNA's looked more durable than any others. The Losi's ans Traxxas trucks didnt look even close. Not saying there not great trucks, but the OFNS had alot more alum. on it and seemed more of 1/8 type durability over others. Have you looked at the brushless 1/8 Redcat SCT. For $300 it looks tuff and Ive read nothing but great things. Considering one myself.
So the ofna had more aluminum than the Losi? The redcat is garbage by the way... I suggest the losi if you can find one.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aluminum doesn't necessarily mean tough. To me it means extra weight and bent parts.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogue_One
With out a doubt if you can find the losi scte pick it up.. you need only change out the diff pins until the new versions hit the shelves in a month. SC10 diff pins works, or you can order a set through Chris 'chrispins' on this forum. These are durable for play, and by far the fastest out of the box out racing. You'll be beating your buds sc8e w/ this setup. If you can run 3s lipo at your track, get the castle creations SCpro setup w/ 2400kv motor, it will be insaine. Most recommend swapping the rear shock tower if you are hard on your trucks as it can bend, losi has carbon and aluminum towers out OR you can get any of the ten-t aftermarket parts as well. I run the integy carbon front tower and it's been great so far and a huge value vs the others.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 04-08-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
With out a doubt if you can find the losi scte pick it up.. you need only change out the diff pins until the new versions hit the shelves in a month. SC10 diff pins works, the Ofna hyper pins work if you trim a touch or you can order a set through Chris 'chrispins' on this forum. These are durable for play, and by far the fastest out of the box out racing. You'll be beating your buds sc8e w/ this setup. If you can run 3s lipo at your track, get the castle creations SCpro setup w/ 2400kv motor, it will be insaine. Most recommend swapping the rear shock tower if you are hard on your trucks as it can bend, losi has carbon and aluinum towers out OR you can get any of the ten-t aftermarket parts as well. I run the integy carbon front tower and it's been great so far and a huge value vs the others.
Listen to this man.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Wait for the new SC10 4x4 due out in a week roughly, thats the one to wait for. I have the Losi SCTE, its good, but it has issues currently with the drivetrain.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
The OFNA's are nowhere near the build quality of the new Losi SCTE, and Redcat? Please...........some people have standards here.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

For $18 you can fix the ISSUES with the losi, and it isn't an immediate fix needed, I had 20+ packs on mine and pins where barely worn.

The sc10 I heard is a nightmare to wrench on and the team drivers aren't having too much fun with it.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
So the ofna had more aluminum than the Losi? The redcat is garbage by the way... I suggest the losi if you can find one.
I dont know. I saw only the 2wd Losi, Slash 2wd&4wd, Blitz and the OFNA's. Iwasnt saying it's better than Losi's new truck. I was only saying it looked more durable than the others that where there. And for the Redcat...I dont have one. But Ive been reading a few threads where the owners were suprised with the value they got and they where happy with it. Its only $300 and its 1/8. The motor and ESC are reliable. That I can say. Hobbywing is tuff.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just got a Losi XXX-SCT setup and put a Traxxas VXL system in it, love it so far. Right out of the box it handles great at the 2 tracks I go too.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok sorry It took me this long to respond. This truck will be for bashing only. I don't plan on racing it other then with my buddy with the sc8e and I don't have to beat him in all honesty I just want something that I can take out to our local bmx track and have a good time with. I don't want it to be breaking all the time and I don't want to have tons of issues with this thing. The only stipulation with what I get is I have to be able to get it off amazon. I know that's kind of odd but I have 300.00 credit with a max budget of around 400.00 so that's where this is going to be purchased. I see a lot of people not recommending the slash is it that bad? From what I had seen in youtube reviews I didn't think it was that bad. Oh and I would like it to be able to handle 3s lipos out of the box

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.