R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Slash Transmission Case

Hey guys today i was out for a bash in the woods with my slash and i ran over a sharp stick and i think it broke my transmission case but i dont know if its cracked stripped or what it is so? also if it is cracked i would like to get a Hot Racing Aluminum transmission case. the problem is that i use an RPM wheelie bar and bumper mount but if i do end up getting this case i want to know if the bumper mount will fit up with the HR case?
RETIRED: Team Associated B44
sc10pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

I have a Hot Racing transmission case on a Bandit.

I think they use butter as one of the alloying components for the aluminum of the motor plate.

The wheelies from the fisrt battery pack wore off half the material around the rear screw hole. I put a screw through that hole with a big 1/8" thick washer and the next wheelie bent the part where the washer screwed in.

I eventually got a Swami-bar (wheelie bar).

I would not recommend mounting anything on the motor plate except the motor.

That said, the trans case is very nice, fit reasonably well and seems to work good.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc10pc View Post
Hey guys today i was out for a bash in the woods with my slash and i ran over a sharp stick and i think it broke my transmission case but i dont know if its cracked stripped or what it is so? also if it is cracked i would like to get a Hot Racing Aluminum transmission case. the problem is that i use an RPM wheelie bar and bumper mount but if i do end up getting this case i want to know if the bumper mount will fit up with the HR case?
The hot racing case is not really well suited to having the rear bumper hanging off of it. You can make it fit and everything can be lined up so the bumper is in the correct position, but any significant crash will bend the motor plate. For bashing I recommend the Integy case; it's heavier but is plenty strong and the RPM bumper mount fits perfectly with a very small amount of dremel work around the upper mounting hole.