Wiki Posts
Search

My Custom LCG Slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Very, very nice. Not sure I'd call it a Slash now.

I was thinking "oh no....another ghetto hackfest conversion" when I clicked on this thread, but I am pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone for the nice comments, I really appreciate it! I wish I could produce some of these as I feel that this thing work pretty darn good. I’m not the best driver, heck I’ve only been playing for the last 2 ½ months. Before that I played on and off with my nitro buggy and truggy and that was over 2 yrs ago. I believe with more stick time I will be getting better than if I stuck it out with the stock slash.

I finally was able to design and make the lcg motor mount. I believe that this was the last piece of the puzzle I needed to complete to make this truly an lcg conversion. I’ve thought about trying to get rid of the last 9oz to bring this sc down to 6lbs even fully loaded but I think I’ll wait and see how it does outdoors also before I attempt that. Maybe for indoors that would help but for outdoors I think the added weight might help. Things kind of suck right now since the indoors are done but due to weather, the outdoors are being held off.

Well either way here are some pics of what I came up with to fit in a very tight spot. I made enough room so if I need to go larger on the pinion I have the space. Took me a bit of time to come up with this then even more time to actually make it. After all the back and forth this is what I got, just need to button everything back up and I’ll get to see how it feels compared to that last mount I had.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

That is one impressive looking build. The LCG Chassis I fabbed was just a bolt on the bottom setup and chop the original chassis in two parts. Yours makes that seem a bit primitive. LOL

Nice work though. Your company has the machines, you have the skills. Place an order with them and get the company discount and you've got yourself a nice little business. Make that money man. There are enough slashers out there that would buy your stuff and then maybe wifey could stay home with the crumb crunchers.

Its America Chris, make what you can of it!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Amazing work on the motor mount man! Would love to see a video of you running this thing.

Hydro 46 brings up a good point. Get your boss in on the manufacturing of it and he can make a cut too.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default slash lcg

wow!!! all i can say is wow!!! great job man, i would definitely throw in some loot your way if you would make a few of these for the masses. i know lots of people here in socal area who would love to have one of these on their slashes, and im one of them!!! great job man and let us know if you ever make these and sell them ill be on that list
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is one impressive looking build. The LCG Chassis I fabbed was just a bolt on the bottom setup and chop the original chassis in two parts. Yours makes that seem a bit primitive. LOL

Nice work though. Your company has the machines, you have the skills. Place an order with them and get the company discount and you've got yourself a nice little business. Make that money man. There are enough slashers out there that would buy your stuff and then maybe wifey could stay home with the crumb crunchers.

Its America Chris, make what you can of it!!
Amazing work on the motor mount man! Would love to see a video of you running this thing.

Hydro 46 brings up a good point. Get your boss in on the manufacturing of it and he can make a cut too.
I have thought of that. But one problem is price point, I have about 23 pcs which all have quite a bit of work to be done to them. The motor mount especially. Not trying to make excuses but I would not even know a price point for all this. Also I would want/have to get the chassis hard anodized plus get the other parts anodized, I couldn't just sell them raw. Even if i went to 6061, cutting the company in on it I'd be looking at close to $200. I don't see many hard core racers wanting to drop that much $$ on a slash conversion even though I think this thing move and handles great. And I will try and get a video up as soon as I can. We still have practice days at the indoor track I go to. I might let one of the fast guys wheel it around and I'll record with my phone.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Wow. Great use of aluminium, and in all the right places too.

Great piece (or pieces ) of engineering! I salute you sir. Love the little details such as the chamfer of the edges on the pieces.

+1 for a guy who doesn't leave a job half done!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

$200 is nothing man, people drop money on tekno kits all the time, as long as its durable and it changes the driving ability of a slash for the better, i bet you will have some customers your way. people like enginuity and there are lots of racers here in socal area who race damn near every day, from revalation raceway, wcrc, ocrc, 1/8 wonder, and now our new open track in san diego called sdrc raceway. you will have lots of customers who have a slash hanging on the wall needing to get revived!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

I am blown away.... Thats figgin sexy and I want one. I would want one in that price range. Lets pull together and get this going
Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Absolutely amazing! It looks more professionally built than the Slash 4x4 itself!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

make cad files and get in cnc'ed, even if your work doesn't do cnc stuff, I'm sure I could help you out in that depeartment, I'd got connections
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

make cad files and get in cnc'ed, even if your work doesn't do cnc stuff, I'm sure I could help you out in that depeartment, I'd got connections
We do have all types of cnc's, edm's, mills, ect. It's the can we do it and for how much? I'm not sure what cut they would want plus the added price for hard anodizing and any other items that I'd sell with the kit. I'm going to look into some prices and see where it'll take me but I'm not promising anything at the moment even though I wish I could.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I finally got to get a vid of the LCG slash. I need a bit more tuning time but it's coming along nicely. I did find out that I will need some stiffer springs then what I'm running now. Might even need to go to the smallest pistons. I had a local fast guy wheel while I used my phone to record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ctqi...e_gdata_player
Old 04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nice work, man!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I'd pay $200 for that with no probs, just remember how much a G3R was and people had no probs paying it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.