Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major kudos to Traxxas!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Nothing about what I said has anything to do with politics. Our troops fighting for our freedom is NOT politics. And speaking about what should or shouldn't be in this discussion, I think the first thing to go, is you. mmm K? bye bye.
you don't think what US troops are doing, and where they're doing it has to do with politics? That's absolutely a political discussion and this isn't the time or place for that.

keep in mind, I'm not saying traxxas did a bad thing here.. of course what they did was nice for the people who got to experience it.. but it's not like they did something amazing that tons of celebrities/musicians/comedians aren't doing already.

they did a nice thing, we don't need to gush over them for it.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

My GF always has to get the last word too. Enough already we are all VERY clear on your point of view.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artie's liver
where did you get that info? and even if Traxxas does pay their own way, it is going to be a tax deductible expense.

look at all the people currently on tour who deserve at least as much recognition as traxxas. The USO generally foots the bill for the airfare and lodging for the talent.

http://www.uso.org/celebrity-profiles.aspx
But doesn't the USO only reach a very small portion of the troops and not those on the front line. ta daaaaaa.

and thats a big NO on who foots the bill for the USO
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skypilot
But doesn't the USO only reach a very small portion of the troops and not those on the front line. ta daaaaaa.

and thats a big NO on who foots the bill for the USO
maybe you should read these pages detailing who pays what on both "performance" tours, and "handshake" tours

http://www.uso.org/handshake-tours.aspx
http://www.uso.org/performance-tours.aspx

TRAVEL: The USO covers all travel expenses related to the tour and typically flies talent on commercial aircraft.

LODGING: The USO provides accommodations on base or off base in the highest quality hotels available.

HONORARIUM (Per Diem): When traveling with the USO, each tour participant receives $50 per day for stateside appearances and $125 per day for overseas tours.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Caster offers a pretty big discount to all APO addresses as does Tekin, but that pales in comparison to what Traxxas did in my opinion. Way to go Traxxas, you prove why you are the industry leader.

Personally I love Traxxas because they get new people into our industry/hobby. Promoting Gymkana, Motocross, SC, and Monster truck events is genius if you can afford to do it.

When people actually own the Traxxas cars, some move forward and buy better products, some actually race and stay loyal to Traxxas, and some shelve their hobby grade toy. But 2 out of 3 is a win for the hobby.

+1
Old 04-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Nothing about what I said has anything to do with politics. Our troops fighting for our freedom is NOT politics. And speaking about what should or shouldn't be in this discussion, I think the first thing to go, is you. mmm K? bye bye.
Brandon, not to argue, (cause you know I hate doing that) but the politics come into play when we discuss if what the troops are doing has anything to do with OUR freedom.

that said, rock on traxxas, I have one and I like it, and as said before, NO OTHER RC company DOES MORE TO PROMOTE OUR LITTLE HOBBY THEN TRAXXAS. NOT A WHOLE LOT OF ae, losi, schumacher, xray, top or any other products showing up at (real) race tracks and public events to promote them selfs and our hobby.

I pretty sure by looking at the pictures, the troops that were able to attend the events were having a great time, and for that, Major Kudos traxxas, (or is it mega dittos, since i fired my illegal alien housekeeper i can't remember,) will they buy toys when they get back, I hope so. will they buy traxxas, doesn't really matter does it.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

maybe you should read these pages detailing who pays what on both "performance" tours, and "handshake" tours

http://www.uso.org/handshake-tours.aspx
http://www.uso.org/performance-tours.aspx

TRAVEL: The USO covers all travel expenses related to the tour and typically flies talent on commercial aircraft.

LODGING: The USO provides accommodations on base or off base in the highest quality hotels available.

HONORARIUM (Per Diem): When traveling with the USO, each tour participant receives $50 per day for stateside appearances and $125 per day for overseas tours.
your so easy, you took the bait, hook, sinker and ran the line right off the reel. the only thing your forgot to show was the tax deductions
Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

they did a nice thing, we don't need to gush over them for it.
Where you the one in the lift line at Vail the other day complaining about the "line cutters" when they let the disabled veterans go to the front and load the lift?

As others said this is a RC forum. We are going to thank any RC company that helps our troops here. Go to the forum of a musician or comedian on the USO tour and you will find people thanking them there.

It does not matter who pays the way of the people helping our troops overseas. Just taking the time off alone will cost them more than they will receive back. Add on all the other expenses of going over seas and Traxxas will not make much off this at all.

Thank you for doing this Traxxas!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wow, that's the coolest thing I've seen! Many organizations support and present things to our military service members and show thanks while deployed/non deployed, big thanks to Traxxas!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Afghanistan

I just came off a 2 year tour as a contractor in Kandahar and Leatherneck. I can tell you that ANYTHING that reminds you of home is welcome. No bake cookies can make your day. You work 84 hour weeks without let up in a prison like environment. Remember, most soldiers are younger and welcome any kind of entertainment. What ever Traxxas had for a motive, it was the soldiers who got the entertainment. There was nothing set in stone that they had to run out and buy a Traxxas vehicle. Perhaps some of the other manufacturers should step up and play. Be kind of nice to see some races in the desert. I can tell you first hand, if they came, there would be a monster track built, providing they had permission. They have the equipment to do it.

now, on the surface it looks like something really great they did

but stop and think about it, they brought some no-name corr drivers and a few toys to the desert. How many of the troops do you think follow corr racing and/or are RC enthusiasts?

traxxas did this to make them look like good guys and to sell RC's as their motivation, not to actually help the troops

you guys need to think critically about things before just gushing about how great a company is.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Brandon, not to argue, (cause you know I hate doing that) but the politics come into play when we discuss if what the troops are doing has anything to do with OUR freedom.
no no.. i agree with you there. BUT.. don't forget, our troops don't get to pick and choose what wars they participate in. If you are in the military, and something starts... you are going, and they have to do the best job they can, even if they completly disagree with the mission. So even if you feel that our involvment overseas is political BS.. supporting the troops themselves is something that they, as individuals need, regardless of mission, weather it be a mission truley for our freedom, or if its nothing more than oil interest overseas... either way, "supporting the troops" is important, and is NOT political by itself.

I support our troops no matter where they are... does that mean I support the mission? Hell no... never confuse the mission with the man.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CR0SS
Where you the one in the lift line at Vail the other day complaining about the "line cutters" when they let the disabled veterans go to the front and load the lift?
heck no, I'd probably start a thread about how we should give major kudo's to Vail Ski Resort
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

your so easy, you took the bait, hook, sinker and ran the line right off the reel. the only thing your forgot to show was the tax deductions
traxxas didn't travel over there as part of a USO tour
Old 04-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up Good Job Traxxas

Its a darn shame how many threads Im reading now a days where there's BS. And to argue over this! An american RC company did something fun for american soilders. Thats it! Where is the problem. Who gives a $h!t who reimburses who, who pays the bills or what ever else. It was a good thing. Nothing really more to say about it. Traxxas thought...Lets do some RC bashin and set up a race for our soilders. Im shure thay had a blast out in the desert beatin on Slash 4x4's and forgetting there over there at war. Great thing IMO! Anyone who finds something in this situation to complain or bicker about is just being as they say...A "Troll" Just lurking around looking to start some $h!t. To the people that complained and looked for the bad in all this Im sorry! I wasnt looking at who posted what. I just looked at the first page the other day and just picked back up and read the last few post.
Good Job Traxxas
Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

most of the troops aren't anywhere near any line of fire. There are people in the military who are mechanics or cooks who may see less danger while deployed compared to when they're at home. There are also soldiers who are in very dangerous situations frequently, but it's not as if every member of our military is dodging bullets every day.

just look and see that traxxas isn't doing this purely out of kindness and wanting to do nice things.. that's all I'm saying

Toolbag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.