Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major kudos to Traxxas!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Actually that's not true at all, you wouldn't believe how many of our FOB's and bases in the desert actually have one or more tracks.

Originally Posted by artie's liver
now, on the surface it looks like something really great they did

but stop and think about it, they brought some no-name corr drivers and a few toys to the desert. How many of the troops do you think follow corr racing and/or are RC enthusiasts?

traxxas did this to make them look like good guys and to sell RC's as their motivation, not to actually help the troops

you guys need to think critically about things before just gushing about how great a company is.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

and what percentage of the troops do you think got to spend time playing with the RC's?

what they did is nice, and I'm sure some of the troops had fun because of the visit, but keep in mind they only visited a small portion of the troops.

it's not as if traxxas did something mind blastingly great here, they are getting paid back in publicity (and sales to servicemen and women once they return)

you shouldn't call them so amazing when it's just a cheap advertising ploy.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lapper
So they killed two birds with one stone. Traxxas has been the driving force in repopularizing this hobby and for that I'm greatful. Is the glass half full or half empty? Depends on your point of view I suppose.
exactly the point, it's the other bird that they killed that so many choose to miss

I'm certainly not saying what traxxas did is bad, but there are benefits they'll be getting from the troops, as there are benefits the troops get from them.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

and what percentage of the troops do you think got to spend time playing with the RC's?

what they did is nice, and I'm sure some of the troops had fun because of the visit, but keep in mind they only visited a small portion of the troops.

it's not as if traxxas did something mind blastingly great here, they are getting paid back in publicity (and sales to servicemen and women once they return)

you shouldn't call them so amazing when it's just a cheap advertising ploy.
dude shut up if u were out there on a year deployment and in the line of fire every day you would be happy to have them there to let u have some fun... quit being so critcal of everything
Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I can see where this thread is going.....

those guys need a smile on their face if it wasn't for troops none of this would be possible...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcjoe99
dude shut up if u were out there on a year deployment and in the line of fire every day you would be happy to have them there to let u have some fun... quit being so critcal of everything
most of the troops aren't anywhere near any line of fire. There are people in the military who are mechanics or cooks who may see less danger while deployed compared to when they're at home. There are also soldiers who are in very dangerous situations frequently, but it's not as if every member of our military is dodging bullets every day.

just look and see that traxxas isn't doing this purely out of kindness and wanting to do nice things.. that's all I'm saying
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Also....more Kudos to Traxxas for sponsoring the SCCA Pro World Challenge which benefits the St Jude's Childrens Research Hospital.

http://traxxas.com/childrenfirst

Sure, it might be a lot of marketing and self promotion, but they are doing something for our troops and sick kids - these are positive things and should be congratulated.

I am even more proud to be an owner of 5 Traxxas RC's and more on my wish list.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

It really doesn't matter what part of the country they are in, they are still away from home and their loved ones. They have a bond to their fellow soldiers and when one of them doesn't come back to their home away from home it hurts. The opportunity that Traxxas has provided gives these men and women the opportunity to forget their current situation and relax and have some fun for a moment.

I can't thank the men and women enough for what they do. I am also thankful Traxxas has taken the time to do this for our men and women in uniform.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TRaxXaS is the fuuukin shizzle fo shizzle. Rc would be so dead and begging for help without King Traxxas. What, all of you would be stuck building kits instead of racing. Lipo and brushless would have faded into history just like every other piece of crap that came along before His Holiness Traxxas. Admit it, Traxxas is the best thing that ever happened to RC and the whole world. They are so freakin awesome that they are now helping our troops to win the war! I wouldnt be surprised if the Traxxas engineers were sent to give our military advisers some real intelligence. Now I just hope that the military doesnt see how Traxxas was sent from God to breathe life into whatever they touch, because then they might take over and keep Traxxas all for themselves!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kraig
It really doesn't matter what part of the country they are in, they are still away from home and their loved ones. They have a bond to their fellow soldiers and when one of them doesn't come back to their home away from home it hurts. The opportunity that Traxxas has provided gives these men and women the opportunity to forget their current situation and relax and have some fun for a moment.

I can't thank the men and women enough for what they do. I am also thankful Traxxas has taken the time to do this for our men and women in uniform.
this...

the best thing that can happen to this thread is closing it..
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burnineyes
TRaxXaS is the fuuukin shizzle fo shizzle. Rc would be so dead and begging for help without King Traxxas. What, all of you would be stuck building kits instead of racing. Lipo and brushless would have faded into history just like every other piece of crap that came along before His Holiness Traxxas. Admit it, Traxxas is the best thing that ever happened to RC and the whole world. They are so freakin awesome that they are now helping our troops to win the war! I wouldnt be surprised if the Traxxas engineers were sent to give our military advisers some real intelligence. Now I just hope that the military doesnt see how Traxxas was sent from God to breathe life into whatever they touch, because then they might take over and keep Traxxas all for themselves!
I wouldnt be surprised if the Traxxas engineers were sent to give our military advisers some real intelligence...

my brain stopped working after reading that...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

most of the troops aren't anywhere near any line of fire. There are people in the military who are mechanics or cooks who may see less danger while deployed compared to when they're at home. There are also soldiers who are in very dangerous situations frequently, but it's not as if every member of our military is dodging bullets every day.

just look and see that traxxas isn't doing this purely out of kindness and wanting to do nice things.. that's all I'm saying
My gosh, you are an idiot. I don't give a crap what your job is, just because you are not directly in the line of fire, once you enter a hostile country or area you become a target. Do you really think an enemy soldier care if you are a cook when setting that roadside bomb? Do you not think the convoys that are attacked almost every day include cooks and mechanics and not just line of fire guys? Even some of my friends who were contractor types, not even in the military said the environment over there is very stressful and Traxxas found a way to let these men and women blow off some steam and in the process get themselves some publicity, so what. Do you really think these soldiers give a crap about that? Tell you what - Pack up and move over there for 6 months, move into an active military zone, leave your family and friends behind, plus all your little toys and let me know how you like it. Then when a company brings over some little toys for you and the other folks to play with, let me know honestly if your really worried about the actual motives of the company that brought them over, or just having fun, and reconnecting with home for a little bit. I approach most things with a cynical view, but sometimes you overlook the underlying motive because the surface benefit is much greater. My point, after much rambling and a little rise in blood pressure, is simply that whatever the real reason Traxxas stepped up and did something and for that they have my respect. The plus is that some of the men and women, who are risking their lives regardless of job, got to play and get their minds of the war for a few moments. Sounds like a true Win/Win to me.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

now, on the surface it looks like something really great they did

but stop and think about it, they brought some no-name corr drivers and a few toys to the desert. How many of the troops do you think follow corr racing and/or are RC enthusiasts?

traxxas did this to make them look like good guys and to sell RC's as their motivation, not to actually help the troops

you guys need to think critically about things before just gushing about how great a company is.

Who cares!! You can say that about pretty much any company that gives a donation, gift, etc for a good cause. It is both...a great thing to do...and also somewhat of a marketing ploy. Either way, it is very nice of them to do.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This thread started off great, and was ruined by a complete moron.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
I wouldnt be surprised if the Traxxas engineers were sent to give our military advisers some real intelligence...

my brain stopped working after reading that...
Sounds like it did its job then!

Seriously, I respect Traxxas for stuff like this, even if it plays into a marketing strategy. Obviously my post was a bit sarcastic, I just get sick of hearing everyone talk about how Traxxas saved the industry. If flooding the industry with idiots that have no patience is saving it then please let me off this bus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.