R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
no no.. i agree with you there. BUT.. don't forget, our troops don't get to pick and choose what wars they participate in. If you are in the military, and something starts... you are going, and they have to do the best job they can, even if they completly disagree with the mission. So even if you feel that our involvment overseas is political BS.. supporting the troops themselves is something that they, as individuals need, regardless of mission, weather it be a mission truley for our freedom, or if its nothing more than oil interest overseas... either way, "supporting the troops" is important, and is NOT political by itself.

I support our troops no matter where they are... does that mean I support the mission? Hell no... never confuse the mission with the man.
roger that, E-5 with a DD214 stamped honorable me.

(altough I must admit it was only the CG and not the real military)
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie's liver View Post
traxxas didn't travel over there as part of a USO tour
never said they did..... you'll figure it out. it was fun for me, was it good for you too.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCaddict0

RCaddict0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #79
Tech Rookie

Way to go Traxxas! Traxxas is the one who got me and my son into the RC hobby last month.
Bremlami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham View Post
Perhaps some of the other manufacturers should step up and play. Be kind of nice to see some races in the desert. I can tell you first hand, if they came, there would be a monster track built, providing they had permission. They have the equipment to do it.
Well, this certainly isn't about us, BUT for the record, Caster has teamed up with the service guys over at "The [email protected] Camp Courtney" (I assume they can be made public, but not 100% sure) We have helped provide several cars for the children of military to tinker with for Junior high engineering classes. I wish we were bigger and had the means to do more, but we do what we can and have always supported the military from day 1. I do have a few pics of a few guys in Afganistan with a Fusion truggy on an Abrams tank, so that was pretty cool for us. But could we do anything remotely close to what they did? Not a chance. I bet the bigger players could though and maybe you guys will get your wish, but then what? It would appear contrived.

Once again, huge props from Caster to Traxxas. Just imagine being the owner of a multi-million dollar company and getting on a plane and flying into a war zone. No matter how safe they try to make it, there is huge potential risk. It isn't like they are Garth Brooks or Hulk Hogan. In the real world, very few people even know that rc stuff even exists outside what you get at Walmart or Toys R Us.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any way you look at it, its pretty ballsy of a CEO of a large company to go into a warzone like Mike did in broad daylight
Freezebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #82
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
TRaxXaS is the fuuukin shizzle fo shizzle. Rc would be so dead and begging for help without King Traxxas. What, all of you would be stuck building kits instead of racing. Lipo and brushless would have faded into history just like every other piece of crap that came along before His Holiness Traxxas. Admit it, Traxxas is the best thing that ever happened to RC and the whole world. They are so freakin awesome that they are now helping our troops to win the war! I wouldnt be surprised if the Traxxas engineers were sent to give our military advisers some real intelligence. Now I just hope that the military doesnt see how Traxxas was sent from God to breathe life into whatever they touch, because then they might take over and keep Traxxas all for themselves!
This is the funniest thing I've read on this site in a long time. His holiness traxxas would be proud.
red dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really dont like Traxxas products. At the same time I cant deny what they have for the hobby, and how awesome it was for them to go out and do this. They sparked the craze that inevitably got me back into the hobby after 4+ years.
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

oh come on! now we get a spambot in here?!