R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie's liver View Post
exactly the point, it's the other bird that they killed that so many choose to miss

I'm certainly not saying what traxxas did is bad, but there are benefits they'll be getting from the troops, as there are benefits the troops get from them.
If you ask me, Traxxas has the freedom to create and develop their RC business BECAUSE of our troops. It's the least they could do to pay our service men and women back for the path of freedom they pave in front of us, every day! Does this make me want to buy a Traxxas? Not 1% more.. so im not sure what the heck your'e talking about.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
now, on the surface it looks like something really great they did

but stop and think about it, they brought some no-name corr drivers and a few toys to the desert. How many of the troops do you think follow corr racing and/or are RC enthusiasts?

traxxas did this to make them look like good guys and to sell RC's as their motivation, not to actually help the troops

you guys need to think critically about things before just gushing about how great a company is.
Most often when any Corporation gets involved like this it starts from a few giving good honest people from with in. They sell it to the company to make it happen about how it will give a good PR, but in the end it was about helping and doing something good. You might be surprised how many good people are out there But in this case it was for our brave soldiers.. nothing could be better at this time. This particular cause was a lot of work and money with the travel and setup, for just being about selling RC's. If they wanted good PR as you suggest, they could have done something here in the states and made out just as well in the press.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
Tech Regular

wow, a few of you guys get pretty up in arms when you're asked to look at the full equation of what traxxas is doing

traxxas does a nice thing that benefits a small portion of the troops, in return they get all this press and nice talk about how amazing they are

I'm not saying that traxxas doesn't deserve some good press for doing this, but people should realize the act of helping a small portion of the troops relax for a few moments is basically just another form of advertising their brand.

this isn't a one way street of traxxas giving to the troops
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

Quote:
most of the troops aren't anywhere near any line of fire. There are people in the military who are mechanics or cooks who may see less danger while deployed compared to when they're at home. There are also soldiers who are in very dangerous situations frequently, but it's not as if every member of our military is dodging bullets every day.

just look and see that traxxas isn't doing this purely out of kindness and wanting to do nice things.. that's all I'm saying
alright I gotta speak to this. My wife went over a few years back as a mechanic. TRUST me on this, she was in considerably more danger over there than ANYWHERE in the states. For a while she would send emails of near daily rpg attacks on their fob. one even went right through her shop and landed in a field directly behind it. fortunately that one did not go off. NOT to mention the living conditions they had. living in pairs in converted 20 foot shipping containers. plus a myriad of other things they sacrificed by being over there. lest you forget that one of the deadliest single attacks that occurred in iraq was an insurgent that infiltrated a chow hall and blew himself up.

so while I understand that traxxas has other motivations than simply doing something nice for the troops. DO NOT try and cheapen ANYTHING that any of our solders go through overseas. Until you have lived it either first hand or having your loved one over there (which is just as bad if not worse). another thing to remember is that we have a 100% volunteer military these people while their motivations might not always be purely patriotic they all have chosen to be part of something bigger than themselves and to be put it harms way. for no other reason than that it is my opinion that even if you don't always agree with them that they at least deserve some respect. so while anyone can come here and say just about anything they want you should also be prepared to see that sometimes people don't always agree with you.
mjremote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
If you ask me, Traxxas has the freedom to create and develop their RC business BECAUSE of our troops. It's the least they could do to pay our service men and women back for the path of freedom they pave in front of us, every day! Does this make me want to buy a Traxxas? Not 1% more.. so im not sure what the heck your'e talking about.
there's no reason to make this into a political discussion
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjremote View Post
alright I gotta speak to this. My wife went over a few years back as a mechanic. TRUST me on this, she was in considerably more danger over there than ANYWHERE in the states. For a while she would send emails of near daily rpg attacks on their fob. one even went right through her shop and landed in a field directly behind it. fortunately that one did not go off. NOT to mention the living conditions they had. living in pairs in converted 20 foot shipping containers. plus a myriad of other things they sacrificed by being over there. lest you forget that one of the deadliest single attacks that occurred in iraq was an insurgent that infiltrated a chow hall and blew himself up.

so while I understand that traxxas has other motivations than simply doing something nice for the troops. DO NOT try and cheapen ANYTHING that any of our solders go through overseas. Until you have lived it either first hand or having your loved one over there (which is just as bad if not worse). another thing to remember is that we have a 100% volunteer military these people while their motivations might not always be purely patriotic they all have chosen to be part of something bigger than themselves and to be put it harms way. for no other reason than that it is my opinion that even if you don't always agree with them that they at least deserve some respect. so while anyone can come here and say just about anything they want you should also be prepared to see that sometimes people don't always agree with you.
I agree, while not all the troops may not be in conditions like this they're still pretty blindly going over there where they don't know if they're going to be in a nice location or a place worse than this where it's very dangerous. It's all the troops that deserve support and a "well done" when they come back no matter what they were doing or where they were.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Quote:
wow, a few of you guys get pretty up in arms when you're asked to look at the full equation of what traxxas is doing

traxxas does a nice thing that benefits a small portion of the troops, in return they get all this press and nice talk about how amazing they are

I'm not saying that traxxas doesn't deserve some good press for doing this, but people should realize the act of helping a small portion of the troops relax for a few moments is basically just another form of advertising their brand.

this isn't a one way street of traxxas giving to the troops
Dude just go away. You're "looking at the full picture" is really looking at it in a cynical myopic way. Give it up.

Traxxas (whom I'm not a fan of in regards to products) got off their butts, flew out to a warzone (call it what you want, it's a warzone) and gave some of our troops relaxation and a taste of home for a short period of time. Traxxas paid their own tickets and took their time to do it. That is truly commendable.

Will they get "advertising" out of it. Yes, but you make it seem like Traxxas's advertising department said, we need to come up with a new campaign...I know let's go visit the troops. If you really thing that's how it went, you're a bigger moron than you've already showed yourself to be.

Bottom line...Traxxas did something good and put a well needed smile on some troops faces. Period, end of discussion.

PS I don't remember seeing Associated/Losi/Everyone else doing this. Give Traxxas their props because they deserve it.
scottgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgir View Post
Traxxas paid their own tickets and took their time to do it. That is truly commendable.
where did you get that info? and even if Traxxas does pay their own way, it is going to be a tax deductible expense.

look at all the people currently on tour who deserve at least as much recognition as traxxas. The USO generally foots the bill for the airfare and lodging for the talent.

http://www.uso.org/celebrity-profiles.aspx
Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Very nice thing to do.

As a veteran who served my whole active duty tour (6 years) right after 9/11 i got to give it up to Traxxas for this. While we are over seas it is such a blessing to see anybody reach out to us and do things that give us a "break" from the day to day grind that being a "Volunteer" can bring. We volunteer so its nice to see Traxxas volunteer their time. You have no idea what this can do for a troop who is down and out and missing home.... I was over seas for a year straight in a area that was and is on the brink of war constantly.

Thanks for the "break" Traxxas on behalf of my fellow serviceman.
That statue in my avatar is in Daniel Chapter 2. Current Vehicle- Traxxas Slash 4x4. Vehicles I've owned and ran- TA RC8BE,Two Losi mini-eights, Mugen MBX6T Tekno V4(Best truggy ever), Kyosho ST-RR, 2 Losi 8t 1.0 E-Conversions, Mini- Revo, Traxxas Revo 3.3 converted to electric, Traxxas Stampede, Losi XXXbuggy. Vehicles I owned but never got to run- Traxxas Emaxx, Caster EX 1.5r, Ofna Hyper TT, Traxxas Rustler
richracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #40
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richracer2 View Post
As a veteran who served my whole active duty tour (6 years) right after 9/11 i got to give it up to Traxxas for this. While we are over seas it is such a blessing to see anybody reach out to us and do things that give us a "break" from the day to day grind that being a "Volunteer" can bring. We volunteer so its nice to see Traxxas volunteer their time. You have no idea what this can do for a troop who is down and out and missing home.... I was over seas for a year straight in a area that was and is on the brink of war constantly.

Thank you for your service

Selling Terms: Shipping to confirmed addresses only, low-ballers will be ignored, and I reserve the right to refuse any offer.
2canSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
Nice sig. Praise God! You are welcome!
That statue in my avatar is in Daniel Chapter 2. Current Vehicle- Traxxas Slash 4x4. Vehicles I've owned and ran- TA RC8BE,Two Losi mini-eights, Mugen MBX6T Tekno V4(Best truggy ever), Kyosho ST-RR, 2 Losi 8t 1.0 E-Conversions, Mini- Revo, Traxxas Revo 3.3 converted to electric, Traxxas Stampede, Losi XXXbuggy. Vehicles I owned but never got to run- Traxxas Emaxx, Caster EX 1.5r, Ofna Hyper TT, Traxxas Rustler
richracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Marcos.J; 04-07-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Freezebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richracer2 View Post

Thread over, I got nothing else to say. Thanks for your bravery my man, you've got more then i'll ever know or have for what you did.

Freezebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
This thread started off great, and was ruined by a complete moron.
The story of America...lol
"All short course drivers aren't hackers,but all hackers are short course drivers"
racer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
+1 Thanks
"All short course drivers aren't hackers,but all hackers are short course drivers"
racer53 is offline   Reply With Quote