Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review) >

Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Post Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)

Let me preface this with... I am new to this truck... I am new to these towers...

On reading all of the potential issues that came with using the aftermarket aluminum towers I decided to give the CF Crux Component towers a try. The owner of the company takes great pride in his product and from payment to product was in quick time. No one can certainly complain these days on good customer service!

On initial inspection the towers are very stout and well put together. I started the slow process of installation and was pleasantly surprised at the ease of install. One of the few things that the purchaser must know is that the rear braces must be cut by approx. 3mm and the holes enlongated for the screws. Another is that potentially the body of the truck may have to have new holes or add a little bit of girth to the current holes for fitment.

During and after the process I was in direct communication with Ryan and we did some measurements and compared notes on the product. As I was changing my front bumper out as well I had to leave the process unfinished till today when my T-Bone (which also mounts perfectly) came in and was mounted up.

At the price of $50 these towers have to be in the top bracket of the market! I would suggest them to anyone who is interested in changing over from aluminum or the standard plastics on their SCRT10.

To reach Ryan or to order a pair of towers you can use the contact information below:

Member Name: blueryu
Crux Components
email: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)-2011_04_06-r01.jpg   Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)-2011_04_06-r02.jpg   Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)-2011_04_06-r03.jpg   Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)-2011_04_06-r04.jpg   Crux Components SCRT10 Shock Towers (review)-2011_04_06-r05.jpg  

Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you have any issues with your body matching up with the mounting locations?

I had to drill new holes to make the body fit. Also with the shift of the body I'll have to trim around the tires since they rub.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOTZ

I had to drill new holes to make the body fit. Also with the shift of the body I'll have to trim around the tires since they rub.
I did have to enlongate the holes... but as I am running a slash/sc10 body by proline I didnt have to do any new cutting around the fender wells...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOTZ

hey guys, thanks for great feedback orgnoi.

bootz, sorry that wasnt clear. sometimes i overlook these mods that may need to be made cuz i have been running my own parts for so long.

any upgrade tower that is a combined tower/body-post-mount will have this same issue. even the the STRC and OFNA products require this. all you need to do is make your body holes oval by 4mm. if you do this right, your wheel wells should not change position at all. and, having oval body holes is a recommended mod anyway as it keeps your body from tearing with chassis flex as you hit jumps. dont forget to use the adjustability of your SCRT10 body posts to get the right height also.

here is STRC tower pointing out what i failed to. (see blue highlight)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey bootz,
i just saw this post on rcshortcourse about what somebody did to address the issue of body holes not lining up after they bought the jammin carbon towers. seems like a simple, good idea:

"Take your old stock plastic tower extenders and cut off the ends. Use the cut ends, with longer bolts, as a spacer to put the posts back to the stock location. "