Wiki Posts
Search

tekin sc4x

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default tekin sc4x

Sorry for the newb question. I'm just getting back into RC's after 17 years away. So most of this stuff is all brand new to me. How much difference is there between the sc4x 5.5 and 7.5t motors. Other than the obvious 2 turns

Trying to figure out which to use.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Sc4x motors were designed for 4wd SC trucks. It's a 550 sized can vs the typical 540 sized motors.

The 550 motors house a longer stater and a longer rotor to provide the much needed torque because of the heavier 4wd SC trucks.

So, if your running a 4wd SC truck you'll want to run a 550 sized motor (sc4x) if your running a buggy (2wd or 4wd) or a 2wd truck stick with the standard 540 sized motor.

Personally I think all motors should be measured in Kv (rps per volt) instead of turns. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I will be running a 4wd SC.

The 5.5 is rated at 4000 KV. The 7.5 is rated at 3000KV.

I however wouldnt know the difference between 1KV and 1000000000KV hahaha.

I know the higher KV is higher RPMs and less torque. And lower KV is less RPM but more torque.

I guess I dont have the experience to know what a difference of 1000KV will make.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It really just comes down to what you want from your truck power wise... Are yon planning on bashing and racing or just racing?

What size of track are you planning to run on? large outdoor, small indoor?

With the larger motor you'll always be able to turn down your epa some in your radio to tame it down.

Keep in mind though, too much power can be more hurtful than having barely enough when it comes to racing.

A few of the guys at my track (small indoor) are running the 5.5 and they're really happy with it.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Would this motor be too much then for 2WD SC? Some of the torque can be turned down by most ESC's correct? Sorry another noob here.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrwitt
Would this motor be too much then for 2WD SC? Some of the torque can be turned down by most ESC's correct? Sorry another noob here.

Thanks
If you are new, a 7.5 (or any mod motor) will be way too much for a 2wd SC truck. The SC4X motors are 550 motors, which are much longer than a regular 540 motor. Not only will these be too powerful for a 2wd SC with you at the wheel, they will throw off the balance of the truck. If you are really serious about building a kit, and setting it up with electronics of your choosing, get on amainhobbies, look at the electronics that come with the rtr's, then look them up and check the specs. If you did that you would see that the SC4X is not what is run in a 2wd. Attempting to lessen the power by lowering the end point is not a good idea. The power will be inconsistent and not have the right feel. Get the right motor for your ability and type of vehicle you are going to run.

Now onto a couple things about rctech.

1. By all means, please search, but check the date of the last post if you do find a thread that pertains to your question. If it has been more than 6 months since someone has posted in any thread that has anything to do with what you want to ask, go ahead and start a new thread.
2. Don't start a, "which is the best..." thread. Everyone has an opinion on what is best. Find something you like, find the thread about the item, ask how people like it there.
3. There are some 60,000+ members here. Don't ask the, "has anyone..." question. Out of 60,000+ people, yes someone has.
4. Before you ask anything, read the manual. Most any company with a product worth a hoot, will have a copy of the product manual available online. Look at the manual. In all likelihood it will answer your question.