Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLR 22T ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
I was really hoping for a 22-4 instead of a 22-t.
The 22 was in development for 2 years.. Chances of seeing a 4wd based on it are slim to none for the time being.. I'll say probably another year or 2 if it ever happens.. Developing a 4wd buggy is not nearly as easy as a 2wd..
Old 05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RC Car Action is reporting rumors of a possible 22T.
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...acing-22t-kit/
Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

I hope it revives the Stadium Truck class...

Maybe sct will die down some...allthough I doubt it...sigh...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer53
I hope it revives the Stadium Truck class...

Maybe sct will die down some...allthough I doubt it...sigh...
A wise move would be to do both a 22T and a 22SCT. Cover both aspects, and let the market decide. The only difference would be the wheel mounts and length of the chassis. I'd like to see an SCT version with the standard wheel hexes that fit most SCTs.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

^ i disagree. i think the sooner we can kill off SCT the sooner everyones driving will improve
Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JKellam
^ i disagree. i think the sooner we can kill off SCT the sooner everyones driving will improve
Nope, people who can't drive... just can't. They need 2 things that can't be had by switching classes... Patience and Practice. I don't understand all the hate for SCT. I know there's a ton of noobs driving like maniacs... but the same can be said for 8th scale. 2WD SCT is one of the most competitive classes at our track:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Having a ton of new faces at the track is a good thing. Watching the hobby die a slow and steady death because the average person can't get interested in RCs with such "toyish" proportions... that sux. Now there's something that appeals to the masses... brings more $$ into the Hobby, and means MORE products for us. I remember hearing all the hate for RTRs. If not for RTRs the hobby industry would be far smaller. Same difference. Don't like SCT?... don't buy one.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Nope, people who can't drive... just can't. They need 2 things that can't be had by switching classes... Patience and Practice. I don't understand all the hate for SCT. I know there's a ton of noobs driving like maniacs... but the same can be said for 8th scale. 2WD SCT is one of the most competitive classes at our track:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Having a ton of new faces at the track is a good thing. Watching the hobby die a slow and steady death because the average person can't get interested in RCs with such "toyish" proportions... that sux. Now there's something that appeals to the masses... brings more $$ into the Hobby, and means MORE products for us. I remember hearing all the hate for RTRs. If not for RTRs the hobby industry would be far smaller. Same difference. Don't like SCT?... don't buy one.

Yep for Newbies SCT is Great class to begin in ..
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

I completely agree with you but our track local track just restated a ST class this year because there more new people are buying them. some of the older racers are going to ST because of they are cool.I do think that open wheel makes people better drivers and makes bumps more obvious. I dont hate SCT's but i do dislike them.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

not trying to step on anyones heels but its hobby not a job... hobbies are meant to have fun and enjoy... just cause u dont like class not everyone else has to hate again its hobby its meant to be fun and to enjoy not to start big deal over not liking a class.. not saying u dont have a right to speak ur opinion but is it that big of a deal
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JKellam
I completely agree with you but our track local track just restated a ST class this year because there more new people are buying them. some of the older racers are going to ST because of they are cool.I do think that open wheel makes people better drivers and makes bumps more obvious. I dont hate SCT's but i do dislike them.
I'm just happy to see a resurgence in RC Racing. A few years back, noobs felt like they just didn't stand a chance. 8th scale was huge, and the "feeling" was that you needed a $1,500-$2,000 investment just to get started. Sure, you can blow that much building an SCT(chargers, DSM Tx/Rx, batteries; I mean setting up from scratch) but you can also pick up an RTR that comes with everything(yup, batteries and charger too) for about $200 and jump right in. They look allot like the SCTs on TV. RC Racing needs something that appeals to more than just the serious racing crowd.

Rubbing fenders can be fun, and we haven't heard so much laughter from the driver's stand in a long long time. I see open wheel racing as more of the "serious" side to RC racing. I'd be happy to see ST come back too. Mod Buggy is also a big and competitive class at our track(there are a couple 22's in there, and I even got one of the 22 owners to where my hat cam during two of his qualifying heats):

+ YouTube Video

It seems simple enough to me, to make both an ST and an SCT version of the 22. Why not?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

Losi needs to release a race only edition of a 2WD SC truck. They are really screwing the customers with how they have the XXX SCT. I mean the roller is IMO a total rip off.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
Losi needs to release a race only edition of a 2WD SC truck. They are really screwing the customers with how they have the XXX SCT. I mean the roller is IMO a total rip off.
Agreed. I'd buy the Losi if there was a TLR SCT, but it looks like Kyosho will get my money for the Ultima SC-R. My FT SC10 is good, and my driving can improve, but why start at an equipment deficit? Just like when I switched from my FT B4.1 to the TLR22, it really made the racing that much more fun!

ST is just about dead at our track too. Everyone has split out to SCT and Buggy. Mod SCT is a big class at our track, and seems to keep growing. I run 17.5 spec because it's slower and the competition tighter, but I'm thinking of building a Mod SCT too, and a Losi 22SCT or whatever would likely be fantastic!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markt311
Did Horizon Europe let some information slip out?

http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_...33&language=en
The losi 22T is on the part/orderlist for the shops, but the truck isn't avaible. I don't know when they will release it, but it seems that they already made up the price
Old 08-02-2011, 02:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I saw something and had a great idea for losi.

They already have something very close to a 22T already!
The XXX-NT AD2... With some serious daydreaming....

It is a nice narrow aluminum chassis.
Just slap some longer big bore 22 shocks on it and quick change wheels up front... 22T! Also the obvious thing is to put an electric gearbox on it and motor mount... Maybe even make it mid/rear motor optional like the buggy!

Wouldn't that be sweet?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)